facebook

advice for incoming freshmen

by: Trust me

Dear class of 2019 girls,

Do NOT pay any attention at all to this website. I was in your shoes just one year ago and looked forward to rush so much and really paid attention to this website and it did nothing but hurt me in the end. During rush I kept thinking about what people said on this website rather than trust my own instinct and ended up dropping out of rush due to rumors and "reputations" of certain houses. Now looking back on rush I see that I could have easily been very happy in many of the houses that I put down due to their "ranking." As someone who is on the outside and can look at it all of the houses objectively, there truly is NO ranking. Certain people like certain sororities, and it varies for everyone.
I promise you that if you don't pay attention to this website you will end up very happy with whatever house you end up in. I've had the pleasure of meeting many girls from many different sororities and can honestly say that you will learn each sororities personality and see the benefits/qualities of each sorority on your own.
Good luck to you girls during rush next year and go dawgs!

Posted By: Trust me
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: dawg   

YES! ^ All of this ^

By: dawg
#2  by: YES   

^^^ perfect advice! These rankings are neither accurate nor are they important to your happiness. Go through rush open minded & TRUST THE PROCESS.

By: YES
#3  by: still true   

bump

By: still true
#4  by: yep   

yaaa

By: yep
#5  by: uga!!!!   

just commenting on this so that it gets brought back to the top, every girl should read this

By: uga!!!!
#6  by: Greekmom   

So true!

By: Greekmom
#7  by: no   

This is nice soft advice. Love yourself! Yay!
But for those of you who want to do your best take this summer to polish yourself
-trim down
-figure out your wardrobe
-learn how to hold an intelligent conversation
-learn how to market yourself
-etc. etc.
your welcome

By: no
by: lolJun 16, 2015 7:30:36 PM

please.

By: lol
by: OmgJun 27, 2015 9:24:26 AM

ridiculous

By: Omg
#8  by: brah   

lol it all cmes down to how pretty you are, who you know, and how much your parents make.

By: brah
by: UhJun 16, 2015 5:16:58 PM

No one asks how much your parents make.... There's plenty of wealthy girls who get completely dropped.

By: Uh
by: CorrectionAug 22, 2015 3:54:27 PM

^ Uh,

One house did ask how close our house was to a specific landmark, how big it was and how much it was worth. They called my aunt is a legacy but from another school in another state. They called my mom whom was in another house (in another state).

I was constantly pulled aside by the president and another officer. During preference it became uncomfortable and fortunately I did not end up there when I went through in a prior year. It was not for me.

But at least one house asked money questions and no need to say whom. This was my experience and it might have been limited but it happens.

By: Correction
#9  by: So true!   

Beyond accurate!

By: So true!
#10  by: yep   

dont listen to this site. its sophomoric garbage.

By: yep

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.