facebook

where do i find a rush consultant?

by: TCU

I've been googling and I can't find any in the TCU area. Any advice?

Posted By: TCU
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 3
#11  by: truth   

Most houses are trained to recognize pnms who have been coached by a recruitment consultant. We're not interested in those girls unless we already know about them and are interested for other reasons. Actually, last year there was a girl we wanted but when we found out she hired a consultant we released her. We want girls that will fit in to our house, not girls that are trying to trick us or play us.

All in all it's just bad form.

By: truth
by: andApr 1, 2015 7:33:21 PM

That is why I tell people to tell NOBODY (not even their best friend) that they have hired a consultant. Trust me- you have LOADS of girls in your house who hired consultants (especially if you are top tier). They just don't talk about it.

By: and
#12  by: <3   

Girls helping you have a sussessful recruitment is our job. You do not need a consultant!!! You can ask your Rho Gam if you have a serious question during the week because they are there to help you too.

By: <3
by: ^Apr 3, 2015 12:48:22 AM

Yeah but the Rho Gamma will probably report back to the sororities. I know it is all supposed to be confidential but I don't believe it is. I can't say to my Rho Gamma "Gee I want to be in ________________ sorority. Tell me exactly what to do get there."

By: ^
#13  by: reality    

People keep their RC private

By: reality
#14  by: Spring   

Ladies just be your authenic self. You are a special person and have lived long enough to know how to act polite, proper and engaging. This is all you need to go through recruitment successfully. It's life so some girls will have advantages like being a in-house legacy or knowing a lot of girls in a house already. It isn't a even playing field but that is life. You can do this being you.

By: Spring
#15  by: :   

Just talk with a frien or family member that has gone through recruitment lately and you won't need a consultant

By: :
#16  by: Frog hop   

Seriously do not fret over this. Don't you want to join sisters that liked the real you?

By: Frog hop
by: wellMay 6, 2015 10:41:13 PM

It doesn't seem fair that some get them and some don't

By: well
#17  by: Star   

IF you want guidance get it from a alumni you know or friend do not pay for this!!!!'

By: Star
by: :May 4, 2015 4:25:01 PM

@^ No one will know if you use a coach so go for it if you want...Its your private business and don't think the majority of girls who get a "top" house don't have some kind of in. With a 1000 you do what it takes. The problem is coaches don't advertise for obvious reasons. You might ask a alumni office in your town but without connections idk if they will tell you or not. Alumni group hold training for their members daughters...TRUTH

By: :
by: Rainbow May 6, 2015 11:09:53 AM

We all know the comment by : is the truth. Alumni have coaching classes for "their" girls and make calls on their behalf...The problem is if you don't come from a family with this kind of legacy you are locked out of this kind of help. In that case, do you best to have a strong resume, REC letters and be your authentic self. You will end up with a group that actually wants the real you which is better in the end.

By: Rainbow
#18  by: rush consultant   

I'm in what I think is the top house at TCU. Every year we talk about being taken advantage of by girls who want to fake us into giving them a bid based on the changes their rush consultant has made to their outward persona. We're totally not interested. We want genuine girls so that we know what we're getting. If we hear from the grapevine that someone has had a rush consultant we drop them immediately unless we already wanted them for another reason.A rush consultant can only hurt your chances, not help them.

By: rush consultant
by: ^May 5, 2015 11:01:04 AM

How would you hear that they had a rush consultant? You wouldn't, because it is a VERY secretive process. I promise you that some of those girls acting all indignant about PNMs getting a rush consultant, had one themselves.

By: ^
by: we,,May 7, 2015 1:29:57 PM

You wouldn't know that they are "manipulating" you with a rush consultant if you nobody in your house knew the tricks of the trade the RCs use. Trust me. Your house has plenty of girls who used RCs.

By: we,,
by: HahahaMay 7, 2015 11:30:46 PM

I agree that top houses are well aware of the tricks rush consultants use and really hate that. Also, every year we hear who's using rush consultants.. I don't care if you believe it. Your rather aggressive denial that houses will find out leads me to believe that you are in fact an out of work rush consultant who wants some work.

By: Hahaha
#19  by: here is the problem   

Here is why some people feel they need private rush consultants:
If you talk to your rho gamma rush coordinator gal, and tell here the truth ie. "I don't like this house because........." or "I want this house because." She will probably blab it to people (please don't believe she won't. Nothing you say is private), and that could hurt your rush experience. It could bias other houses against you. You want someone who is 100% in your corner! That is what a private rush consultant will do.

By: here is the problem
by: HahahaMay 7, 2015 11:33:03 PM

Now they don't need to hire one because you already told them not to blab too much.

By: Hahaha
#20  by: rush consultant   

For girls, the biggest problem with recruitment consultants is that they tell girls which houses the consultant thinks are the "best" ones and make them feel bad if they don't get a top house. Moms who pay for them do the same thing. The best thing about recruitment is letting girls go through and see which house she really clicks with and which house really is excited about her. Recruitment consultants add an extra layer that ends up getting in the way of girls and their dream house.

By: rush consultant
by: so trueMay 13, 2015 2:28:39 PM

And girls end up feeling like a failure if they don't get one of the houses that their rush consultant says is a top house even if they like the house they got more than the so-called top houses. It's just a disaster as far as I'm concerned. I've never seen it work out well. Also my house dropped several girls last year that we figured out had rush consultants. We figured if they couldn't be themselves even for one week we weren't interested.

By: so true

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.