facebook

fall recruitment?

by:    

I am so excited to attend TCU next fall and see on-line that recruitment begins before school even starts. I was a little surprised because many schools wait until the spring so new girls can learn about the houses, meet members and the current girls can know us. Will it hurt my chances to wait until the fall of my sophomore year? What percentage of students are a part of the greek community at Texas Christian?

Posted By: FutureFROG!
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

so glad you're excited! As far as rush goes, I would definitely still go through fall of your freshman year. It kinda sucks that you might not know anymore yet but most of a 1000 girls will be in your same boat. Greek life is also huge at tcu so i think you'd be disappointed and regret not going through your freshman year

By: tcu
#2by:    

The positive thing about going through recruitment before school starts is that you shouldn't have any preconceived ideas about our chapters. Go into it with a completely open mind and see how you feel with the members of each chapter. They vary so much from campus to campus and from year to year. Be your authentic self and be at peace with where things take you. All of our houses have good things to offer you and you will be bonded with a whole class of new sisters before you enter your first day of classes.

By: Gal
by: Froggggg   

This is a good reapobse

By: Froggggg
#3by:    

You you will be in the same boat as all the other girls who go through normal fall recruitment here. You are right you can't really known about the houses so be open minded and trust your instincts about the girls you feel most comfortable with.

By: Tccccccyou

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#4by:    

Bump this up

By: Rose
#5by:    

Go ahead and go through recruitment! Keep an opened mind and try not to stress. At the end of the week, and you don't feel sure about things, just don't sign the paper saying you will accept a bid. You can always go through spring recruitment! Greek life is big a TCU, but they are other ways to get to know people and get involved. I hope everything works out for you!

By: fellow frog
#6by:    

The vast majority of girls do go through fall recruitment. It is stressful, competitive and emotional but you get plugged in to a house of friends and activities from the beginning. No matter what people say, there is nit one house on our campus that does not offer good opportunities.

By: Mcfhhcddmh
#7by:    

Recruitment is HARD. So, you jump in fully and start the end off settled into a house of new sisters. I think arguments can be made for waiting to spring so you know some members and know more what OUR chapters are like, but it is what it is so be prepared. You will be no worse off than 80% of the other girls that don't have insider deals.

By: :-)
#8by:    

You will be in the majority with not knowing anything about the chapters or anyone in them. The positive is that you can go with YOUR feelings about the groups and have a fresh perspective. It's all good.

By: Girlntheno

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.