facebook

do people look up where i live?

by: truth

I will probably being going to TCU next year. Some stuff has happened to my family the last three years and we had to move into a very small apartment in a sketch neighborhood. But we come from money and this is temporary.My grandma can and will pay for college and sorority. I heard if I write my real address people will google it and drop me. Is this true? Should I put my grandparents address or a friends address? I feel like that is lying, but I don't want peolple wrongly judging me on my temperary address. Any suggestions is helpful.

Posted By: truth
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: thcu   

are you from texas?

By: thcu
by: truthNov 1, 2014 3:38:43 PM

I'd rather not say what state I'm in. Just wondering if I should use a different address, cause they might google my address and see that it isn't impressive.

By: truth
#2  by: Truth   

The kind of people that would do that aren't the one you want to be in a sorority with anyway

By: Truth
by: ^Nov 2, 2014 12:38:19 AM

Really? You say that but I'm sure that you have a nice house. I'm going to advise this girl to use her grandparents address. It isn't really lying if it is her grandtoher.

By: ^
by: @^Nov 10, 2014 10:10:21 PM

This person is trying to help you. Google is for every state so use your grandparents address and keep that factor at bay.

By: @^
#3  by: tx   

i'm just saying i would only bother if you're from texas cause sororities hardly know anything about nice and not nice locations in other states

By: tx
#4  by: If you are worried   

Then get a post office box and use that address. Peace of mind is key- rush is stressful enough as it is.

I am sorry that your family are suffering some difficult times and am glad that it is temporary. Best wishes.

By: If you are worried
#5  by: Zip   

I agree that you shouldn't have to worry about this. Use your grandparents address and then it won't be an issue. I think a PO Box could look odd.

By: Zip
by: @zipNov 3, 2014 10:34:29 PM

This is what I would do. Some groups do look this up and they would hold against you. I'm not agreeing that it's right but I am stating they do it.

By: @zip
by: <>~~~~Nov 13, 2014 6:25:05 PM

A PO box is a red flag. Use grandma's house.

By: <>~~~~
by: ,Nov 17, 2014 11:46:42 AM

A PO Box would seem strange but I would have peace of mind by using my grandparents address. It may make no difference at all but this way you aren't having to worry about it.

By: ,
#6  by: Zip code   

Most sororities do look up where you live. Use your Grandparents address.

By: Zip code
#7  by: Real Deal   

Grandparents would be best

By: Real Deal
by: BravoNov 18, 2014 11:36:39 AM

It may sound tacky but I would say put your grandparents address too. You never know so play things safe.

By: Bravo
#8  by: go frogs   

nobody is going to bother looking it up. i've helped my sorority with recruitment and we don't care about that.

By: go frogs
#9  by: Recruit    

Don't use your address just to be safe.

By: Recruit
#10  by: :)   

Yes they do so protect yourself with your grandparents address

By: :)
by: FroggyNov 17, 2014 8:52:51 PM

Grandparents address = peace of mind

By: Froggy

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.