facebook

advice from a current member

by: seniorgreekgirl

I am a senior and just want to give advice and info to all you nervous girls! Hope this helps a bit, and feel free to reply with specific questions, I love giving advice! :)

Popular conversation topics:
Round 1: Hometown, high school activities, summer activities, favorite movies/TV shows, TCU (major, dorm, roommate, what you're most excited for).
Round 2: Volunteer activities in HS, philanthropy at TCU(within sorority and participation in other groups' events), what you want to be involved in at TCU or within sorority.
Round 3: Leadership in HS and positions within sorority and on campus, passions likes and dislikes, hobbies, HS activities, what you're looking for in a sorority
Round 4: How you're feeling about the sorority, questions or concerns you have, qualities you want in sisters, qualities you could bring to the sorority

Overall advice: ALWAYS be kind, respectful, honest, friendly, open, enthusiastic to EVERY house. Put your best foot forward and show them why you deserve to be a member of their sorority. Be yourself, don't act like someone you're not. Trust your gut during all decisions and NEVER listen to advice from other PNMs as far as which house to choose. It should be your decision, and yours alone. Don't get stuck on one particular house too early on. Keep an open mind and don't count any house out. First impressions are not always accurate. NEVER talk bad about a house in front of other PNMs or with your Rho Gamma. If you must gossip, call your parents.

Posted By: seniorgreekgirl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 10
#1  by: Sweet   

This person has set you on a great path on what to be prepared for.

By: Sweet
by: XoxoJun 27, 2015 7:37:55 PM

Agreed

By: Xoxo
#2  by: Fish   

This is so helpful. Thank you to whoever took the time to do this.

By: Fish
#3  by: Frogsssss   

This is great!

By: Frogsssss
#4  by: Frog14   

Wow! This is wording but I hope the PNMs will take the time to read it. Of course, conversations can get off topic but this is a great skeleton to start from. If the girls are ready to answer these talking points they will be well prepared.

By: Frog14
by: --Aug 7, 2014 12:02:55 AM

Perfect answer

By: --
#5  by: Yes!    

Commenting on this because all PNMs should see this!

Also, if you are a little on the shy side, this is a great time to open up. I know it's hard but when we get PNMs who answer only "yes/no" to questions and don't care to elaborate or make an actual convo it is like pulling teeth! It's okay to brag about yourself a little!!

By: Yes!
by: yep!Aug 7, 2014 10:02:18 AM

Totally agree! Recruiters will lead the conversation and have practiced talking to shy girls, but you need to help them out by not giving short one word answers! If you give lots of short answers, often times this is misinterpreted as you not being interested in the house.

By: yep!
by: :-)Aug 8, 2014 12:40:31 PM

We'll done whoever wrote this.

By: :-)
by: PanAug 8, 2014 11:00:53 PM

We will help you out all we can but please do yourself a favor and have something yo say.

By: Pan
by: TcuAug 10, 2014 6:10:38 PM

This is too true. Help yourself out by having something to say.

By: Tcu
by: AmenAug 11, 2014 9:36:04 AM

To Yes!

By: Amen
#6  by: TCU    

This is a helpful post

By: TCU
#7  by: @PNMs   

PNMs should read this! Some great advice!

By: @PNMs
#8  by: New   

Thank you for this post. I know we cannot prepare for everything but this helps a lot!

By: New
#9  by: Texas Bound   

I'm so glad you put this on here. I know I'm not the only one worrying about what people will talk about. Now we have some idea how to prepare. This whole process seems so competitive that all of us are trying to know what to do about everything.

By: Texas Bound
#10  by: Wow   

This is awesome!!!!!

By: Wow

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.