facebook

the truth

by:    

To all the posters on here that feel the need to rank chapters and then say "all girls want these houses" or "girls settle for these houses"-- this post is for you.

I'm in a "middle" tier house and actually preffed it over a so called "top" house and I absolutely love my chapter. To come on here and say that every girl coming though recruitment aims for the same five houses is absolutely ridiculous. Not to bash any other chapters, but some of us don't necessarily want to be in a house full of cheer/Pom girls, rich girls, or pageant queens. I chose my house because of it's down to earth feel and how I immediately fit in there. It has a little bit of everything- and every chapter will- but to say that girls "settle" for my chapter is not true. We have the same GPA cutoffs, QR concerns, and limited spots as any "top" house.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble top houses-- as much as you think everyone would kill to be like you, we really don't. And for the chapters on here trying to fight for people to think of their chapter as a top house-- love your chapter and don't pay attention to what everyone else thinks.

Posted By: boomer
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

This is definitely the truth. I have been so irritated by the "want" and "settle" remarks. It only makes sense in the context of pref where you go to two houses and really want one but like the other one enough that you'll "settle" for it if you don't get your favorite.

The person writing those comments obviously has an agenda. I would imagine that everyone who reads her stuff knows exactly which house she's in. Her comments definitely don't apply to any normal girls going through recruitment.

By: truth

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

When I've read the want and settle comments I've always been struck by the fact that they're not even houses that compete together. For example, girls that put Theta near the top of their list would put Chi O near the bottom. The girls in those houses are just pretty much opposites.

By: also
by: @also   

Or they might put Chi O at the top! Every PNM is different.

By: @also
by: Chi O / Theta   

If they are a PNM putting Chi O at the top, it's probably because Theta didn't invite them back if you want the truth. Those houses and the girls in them are total opposites. Unless you have multiple personalities you're not going to those two houses after day one.

By: Chi O / Theta
by: Above   

Hmmm I attended both of those houses on pref night and I chose them from several top houses I visited the night before. Each house has girls of all types it's simply a matter of personal choice.

By: Above
by: ^   

LOL I don't believe you are a Theta because it's TRUE so Im guessing you are GPB the house of wanna be girls

By: ^
#3by:    

Love this post. On pref night I also had a "top" and "middle" tier house and I preffed the latter. It just depends on where you feel you for best.

By: Honest
#4by:    

Good post

By: Agree
#5by:    

The girl posting those stupid comments was trying to help her house in recruitment. Unfortunately it backfired and they had to snap bid. :(

By: agree

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.