facebook

phi mu, kkg, aoii, theta, pi phi, adpi

by: Interested

Since this site always has posts about the top tier sororities, I would just like to hear about the others. Please refrain from anything nasty or stereotypical and just give an honest impression that you get from them, what kind of girls typically rush them, things like that. If you are in those sororities, try to avoid self-ranking and just maybe describe it how you see it, but as honestly as possible. I'm a PNM curious about the other houses since I don't know how I would stand in the other houses, and I would just like to hear something about them besides "jealous, self-promoting.." etc... A lot of other entering freshmen I bet would like to hear as well. Thanks!

Posted By: Interested
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 2
#11  by: Based on this year   

Phi Mu: Phi Mu has a lot of fun loving and gorgeous girls. Obviously there is some cattiness but no one ever has anything bad to say about them! They have a good mix of different personalities and are also very girly. They are all about lily print, and glitter, and getting done up. The guys seem to like them as well. There are a lot of girls that are into religion in there as well. I know a lot that don't go out and have never even drank before. I would say these are the "Classically labeled sorority girls" before the drinking and partying became a stereotype. If you love pink, and lily, and you have a strong faith you will most likely join this house

By: Based on this year
#12  by: Based on this year   

AOII: AOII has grown a lot this year! The girls I have met in their pledge class are beyond pretty and are so sweet. They are very down to earth and chill but not in a weird way. They are very much like the girls next door. They are very involved on campus and I know a lot of girls who are Gamma Chis, orientation leaders, CA's, etc. They seem to have a good balance between going out and also having a great GPA. The guys seem to really like hanging out with them because of how fun but relaxed they are. I have a lot of friends in there and I love them! They seem to be a mix of every house. That being said they definitely still have some work to do with getting their name out there. I also think they should begin to be more selective with their pledge classes, and by the looks of this years, they were for the most part but it deff could be more.

By: Based on this year
#13  by: where    

is this so called picture?!

By: where
#14  by: Reb   

I really applaud you for looking into these other sororities. I will do my best to keep this whole post positive!

Phi Mu-- These are the girls who went through recruitment looking for the quintessential southern sorority. Pink, girly, Lilly Pulitzer, crafting, etc. The members all stick to each other (Phi Mus are always with other Phi Mus) and put a lot of effort into their events.

Kappa-- I don't see Kappa as a top house, but I truly believe they will be considered a top house in the near future...probably the only top house that isn't made up of 75% Mississippi girls. The reason I think this is because every Kappa is full of confidence; they believe their house is the best and if anyone tries to tell them differently, they drown it out. They've won Chancellor's Cup in the Order of Omega Greek Awards the last 2 years in a row and always have a successful rush. They are all pretty and fun, plus their house is amazing. The only negative thing I will mention is this: if you don't fit into the fun, outgoing, gorgeous mold, you may end up feeling a bit ostracized. You either fit in or you don't with Kappa.

AOII-- Their pledge class this year was outstanding. I usually view AOIIs as girls who are very similar to Chi O, but didn't go Chi O because they weren't from Mississippi//the South. Kind of granola (that isn't meant to be negative!), normal, under the radar girls. During recruitment, they try to appeal to the "quintessential sorority girl" feel that I mentioned with Phi Mu

By: Reb
by: Reb (cont.)Mar 5, 2015 10:00:47 PM

Theta-- Honestly the only time I've ever heard negative things about Theta is from other PNMs when I was going through recruitment. They get a terribly negative reputation as "the leftovers" during this time, but it never holds true. They probably have one of the strongest bonds of any sorority at OM, you always see them together on campus and they are always passionate about their events. Very fun, and a lot of gorgeous girls--you just have to look past the negativity to see it.

Pi Phi-- I can't say I know too many Pi Phis, but those that I do know are the perfect combination of fun and funny. I've never met a Pi Phi that I didn't like. I ranked them highly for the majority of my recruitment experience because I had so much fun in each round. Also, the house itself is definitely my favorite Greek house on the whole campus!

ADPi-- I really can't think of what to say for ADPi. They are putting in a huge effort to become active on campus and I'm confident they can keep up with the rest of the sororities, despite this only being their second year!

Bottom line--There really isn't a BAD sorority at Ole Miss. The "weird" girls or girls no one wants just get dropped from recruitment. Period. There is no "weird" sorority or "lame" sorority or anything like that. Some houses are considered better than others, but not one is "bad."

By: Reb (cont.)
#15  by: PNM   

very refreshing to see a positive and honest post on here!

By: PNM

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.