facebook

phi mu, kkg, aoii, theta, pi phi, adpi

by: Interested

Since this site always has posts about the top tier sororities, I would just like to hear about the others. Please refrain from anything nasty or stereotypical and just give an honest impression that you get from them, what kind of girls typically rush them, things like that. If you are in those sororities, try to avoid self-ranking and just maybe describe it how you see it, but as honestly as possible. I'm a PNM curious about the other houses since I don't know how I would stand in the other houses, and I would just like to hear something about them besides "jealous, self-promoting.." etc... A lot of other entering freshmen I bet would like to hear as well. Thanks!

Posted By: Interested
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: set up   

I would love to say something positive about each of these sororities as they are all great,but the minute someone does it unleashes the furies of the so called top tier. Their would be a host of "you will never be top tier" " you don't get quality" you are self ranking trolls" "quit trying to make yourself look better" . so thanks but no thanks. I won't open the verbal onslaught on these wonderful girls listed on your list.

By: set up
by: ^^^Jan 16, 2014 4:14:41 PM

here here to that.

By: ^^^
#2  by: Rebel Girl   

Set Up KNOWS what she is talking about! It is really difficult to have an honest conversation on this site.

By: Rebel Girl
#3  by: ill bite   

Even though I agree with the previous poster, I will bite. Let's see how long until the claws come out and the "top girls" can't stand seeing the other sororities in a positive light.
Phi Mu: Very Pretty girls that are always put together. Participate in a bunch of on campus activities and always fair well in competitions won Greek Cup and has a lot of pageant winners. Formals and swaps are always a good time.

Kappa: Most Beautiful Sorority top to bottom in my opinion. Super fun, everyone likes them. Won Chancellors cup last year for best overall sorority and Outstanding Pledge last 2 years. Wins intramurals and has great philanthropies.

Pi Phi: Absolute great mix of girls. Something for everyone. The are super competitive, and super proud of their sisterhood. I always see a ton of Pi Phi letters. The are a strong sorority all over the south. Their house is to die for :)

AOPI: I honestly know the least amount of girls in this sorority, but the ones I know are very kind and great friends. They love to party but never out of control. They are very chill. No one ever has anything bad to say about them.

Theta: Girls from everywhere with a lot to offer. Not your cookie cutter sorority has an outstanding sisterhood with no cliques. Participate in everything, always have representatives in every group on campus. Always have on letters and smiles.

ADPI: Got some outstanding girls at their first rush. They will have to keep working hard. but great start.
Now we wait.

By: ill bite
by: Original postJan 7, 2014 12:23:06 PM

Thanks for actually giving a useful answer! It wasn't/isn't meant to cause anyt bashing I just wanted to hear about others besides the main 3 or 4 top, or what is generally viewed as top

By: Original post
by: wowJan 7, 2014 6:00:35 PM

I actually agree with your entire post. I may prefer one sorority over the other but I think your descriptions are completely accurate.

By: wow
by: But ReallyJan 7, 2014 6:14:23 PM

^^ ill bite An excellent description and positive conversation all the way around. Thank you for that breath of fresh air!

By: But Really
by: snaps for youJan 9, 2014 11:50:18 PM

Good description! Exactly right!

By: snaps for you
by: But ReallyMar 15, 2014 5:40:06 AM

Thank you for such positive comments! See, that wasn't all that hard to do. :-)Great descriptions!

By: But Really
by: YesMar 5, 2015 9:20:30 PM

This comment is great, your positivity towards all greek organizations is so refreshing, especially for this school!

By: Yes
#4  by: Rebel Girl   

^^ ill bite... BRAVA! Thank you for a great perspective.

By: Rebel Girl
#5  by: flim flam   

This is spot on!!!! In my 3 years at Ole Miss I can say this is what I see everyday.

By: flim flam
#6  by: Agree   

The above post is really accurate. I think that all of the houses have a great mix of girls. I have friends throughout all of the houses on campus. Despite a lot of the nasty talk on this site, I can really assure you there is not a BAD sorority on campus.

Kappa: Kappa is a fun group of girls. The ones that I know tend to be outgoing and know how to have a good time.

Pi Phi: Of all of the sororities on campus, I know the least about Pi Phi. They seem like genuine, sweet girls. I've heard they're also really fun to be around.

AOII: This is a really laid back sorority. All of the girls are really easy to talk to and hang out with. They know how to have a good time without getting out of hand. Girls next door.

Phi Mu: Tend to be girly girls, and are extremely sweet. They're usually very involved on campus. Functions are known to be very fun.

Theta: Gets a lot of crap that it doesn't deserve. Diverse group of girls that truly care about each other. Always friendly on campus.

ADPI: New, but off to a good start. It will take a while before they establish a distinguished personality on campus though.

By: Agree
#7  by: Perspective   

Kappa- Can't really say much. I only know a few that are really quite, but really nice girls. I hear they are fun to party with, but also really clique-y.

Pi Phi- Love all the girls I know that are Pi Phi. They are sweet, know how to have a good time, and are one of my favorites. Like every other sorority, they have a few "bad eggs", which seems to keep them ranked in the bottom tier.

Phi Mu- They are a GORGEOUS group of girls. They have a great reputation and tend to be respected around campus. They get involved on campus.

Theta- They get a lot of crap, but they are really friendly and have a super strong sisterhood. In the past two years, they have had some of the best pledge classes (regarding really pretty girls with sweet, genuine personalities). All the ones I know absolutely love it. I feel that if they can keep it up for at least 2 more years and gain pledge classes like the past two, they can finally break the bad reputation.

ADPi- New group of girls that seem to have gained a lot of good criticism, but that being said, they have a lot of work set out for them. Being a new sorority won't be easy. They have a cute, bubbly group of girls, but you can't really tell if they will get any better and rank up or not. Everyone seems to hope so though.

AOPi- I know 20+ AOPi girls. They all are dedicated to the sorority, and most are super sweet and fun. You really don't hear much negative criticism at all! They seem like your typical, average girl-next-door sorority.

By: Perspective
#8  by: celebs   

Kappa - Cara Delevingne - gorgeous, fun girls who love a good party, the kind of girls that everyone wants to go out to the square with and will always be jealous of when they still look good at hungover brunch the next morning

Phi Mu - Carrie Underwood - southern, sweet, approachable girls that any guy would love to introduce to their parents, the kind of girls that don't look out of place in Old South attire, and they're so sweet, you can't even be jealous of them

DG - Taylor Swift - these are the girls that are warm, friendly, but sometimes a little competitive. maybe not as big of partiers as some of their counterparts, but they do know how to go out and have a good time on occasion.

Pi Phi - Emma Stone - not afraid to speak their mind, these girls know how to have a good time and don't care what other people think, which is what makes them so cool. these are girls that make you feel like you can be yourself around them.

AOPi - Jennifer Lawrence - like jlaw, these are the girls next door. they're a little quirky, but they know how to make you feel comfortable & at home and always know how to make you laugh. real and relatable.

Theta - Ellen Page - the girl that can hang in any group. she can be the life of the party or can be a shoulder to cry on. these girls are LOYAL to their friends and sisters!

ADPi - Katy Perry - girls that aren't afraid to step outside the mold, be themselves, and try something new. lots of leaders in this new group!

By: celebs
by: rebel4everFeb 11, 2015 8:20:30 PM

This is soooo cute, and good run down, except I would not say AOPII gals are quirky by any means...they are gorgeous gals, serve and lead their community, really pretty from inside out AND so chill. TG!

By: rebel4ever
#9  by: smile   

Love this whole post of positivity.

By: smile
#10  by: jjj   

Thank you.

By: jjj

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.