facebook

Advice for PNMs - UCF Fall 2023 Sorority Rush 💗

by: Info

1. The first rule, of all rules. Be yourself.

You want to be authentically yourself so that you find the sorority that loves you for you and you’re in your correct home.

2. Social Media Rules / Following Sororities

Be mindful of what sororities you’re following. We will 100% check. If you’re only following “top” sororities, that is a major red flag to us. If you’re only following a handful sororities we will believe you already have an idea of where you want to go. When I went through recruitment I only following @ucfpanhellenic to emphasize that I am open to all houses. Another way of showing this is following all 12 of our sororities. If you chose to follow only one, or a small few, you’re hurting your chances with other sorority.

Some other general social media rules are:
• No pictures with alcohol, big no no.
• No extremely inappropriate pictures.
• Nothing extremely controversial.
• Do not post about your “favorite” or “least favorite” sororities on social media. Do not discuss it at all.

3. Trust the process.

Sorority recruitment is designed to provide opportunities for you to get to know the chapters and for the chapters to get to know you. At times, this process can seem chaotic and you may question how decisions are made. Feel free to ask questions but remember this process is tried and tested. It works, so trust the process.

4. Be prepared.

You’ll need a bag with food, comfortable shoes, make up, water, a portable phone charger and much more. It’s a long day and you want to be prepared.

5. Don’t speak about this process.

This process is exciting and you’re going to want to tell everyone but, it’s best if you don’t. Speaking negatively of a sorority can rub others the wrong way even in other sororities. If we hear that you didn’t like or did like certain houses, it isn’t a positive. Make sure you’re keeping your choices quiet.

Posted By: Info
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 6
#1  by: No   

First rule, get off greek rank and go to each house and go where members are similar to yourself and you feel comfortable that’s it.

By: No
by: faxMar 7, 2023 11:54:14 AM

Yup biggest regret was going on greek rank before recruitment

By: fax
by: lolMar 8, 2023 11:13:50 AM

me too it makes u top tier obsessed

By: lol
by: UCFMar 16, 2023 1:41:44 PM

Sorority Recruitment

By: UCF
by: 2024May 6, 2024 1:31:42 PM

sorority chapters

kd
zeta
adpi

tridelt
piphi
axid

theta
chi o
aephi

kkg

dz
gamma phi

By: 2024
#2  by: Advice   

Keep an open mind, get to know the girls then go with your heart. Don’t worry about what your friends do, this is about finding YOUR home.

DO NOT believe everything on this site. Take everything with a grain of salt. When going through recruitment girls are looking for sisterhood and community so don’t get wrapped up in tiers and status. Ranks change too.

Don’t gossip about any chapter on or off social media. Even if you know things about certain chapters it’s best not to gossip It’s a bad look and we always find out. We are all looking for girls who will represent our chapters positively.

Greek life changed, it’s not just all about looks. We recruit for personality, reputation, values, diversity, intelligence, confidence. Yes we all want attractive girls but other factors are just as important.

Be yourself, not who you think they want. That usually doesn’t turn out well. If you play the game and put in a show most likely you won’t fit in and you will drop. This happens a lot.

By: Advice
#3  by: Fall    

Recruitment

By: Fall
#4  by: Recruitment    

Sorority

By: Recruitment
#5  by: Srat    

Srat PNM Info

By: Srat
#6  by: my advice   

keep your social media clean, but also don't lock your accounts down completely. if we can’t get a sense of who you are and what you're like, you stand a good chance of getting passed over.

just be yourself. if you try to be someone you're not, you won't get into the right house for you and it's gonna be exhausting trying to keep up the act.

try not to get your heart set on one specific chapter. recruitment is stressful and honestly you can never tell if a house is gonna cut you or not. some might promise you a bid but it doesn’t always happen. open your mind to a few chapters and be confident in yourself and the process.

tiers mean nothing once you are in. the longer i’ve been here the more girls i’ve met in other chapters. i now realize that I would probably would have been happy in many chapters. all the chapters have fun and sisterhood. follow your heart…find the house that loves you and you will love them.

greekrank isn’t real life.

By: my advice
by: Recruitment Mar 14, 2023 5:59:02 PM

Good info

By: Recruitment
#7  by: pan   

ucf sororities

By: pan
#8  by: Looks   

Looks matter during recruitment. They don’t mean everything but your looks and personality are your first impression.

There are different opinions on what beautiful means, even in our top tier chapters. In some chapters, the all-out makeup, nails, tan, hair look is it, at others it would be considered fake. Some chapters view subdued makeup, natural prettiness as the ultimate in beauty but another chapter would consider that look as plain.

There truly is a chapter for everyone. Look your best but don’t overdo it if you usually don’t. Be your best self, but your true self.

By: Looks
by: yesMay 6, 2024 1:29:45 PM

truth

By: yes
#9  by: recruitment    

advice

By: recruitment
by: chapters Mar 19, 2023 2:39:59 PM

sorority chapters

kd
zeta
adpi

tridelt
piphi
theta

chi o
axid

aephi
kkg

dz
gamma phi

By: chapters
#10  by: ^^    

^^

By: ^^
by: pnms Mar 27, 2023 2:38:33 PM

good info

By: pnms
by: AdviceApr 14, 2023 11:58:06 AM

Recruitment Advice

By: Advice
by: Rankings May 22, 2023 8:36:03 AM

UCF rankings aren’t the old shallow, surface level ones based on just looks and popularity. We have depth here and base base ranks on looks, relevance, diversity, involvement, events, philo wins, reputation, personality, frat/srat relations, membership retention and more.

Success is not solely looks and popularity we look at every chapter’s strengths and weaknesses. That’s why a chapter that may be more attractive or popular may be ranked lower than other chapters.
(We don’t factor gpa into our ranking. If we did our top tier would be different. The ranks aren’t superficial but they aren’t about academics either.)

Some chapters are not in good standing, with a suspension/scandal so they are ranked lower as they are not as respected as other chapters. Chapter reputation & good standing with ofsl is important.

Don’t take ranks too seriously. Ranks change and chapters change with new members each semester. Go meet the chapters and make your decision based on your experience, not status. The most important thing during recruitment/rush is for you to find your fit. It’s about sisterhood/brotherhood.

By: Rankings

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.