facebook

junior transfer wanting top-tier

by: Annoyed roomate

So my roomate will not shut up about her being worried that she won't get a bid from a top tier or any sorority at all because she is "Junior" but she is gorgeous, super outgoing, and yeah will be a junior but still has like 3 more years to go. I keep telling her she will be fine but she doesn't believe me, can someone just please re-assure her or is it really that hard to get a bid from top tiers at ucf?

Posted By: Annoyed roomate
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Eh   

Tell you're friend to not rush then if she's gonna worry that much

By: Eh
#2  by: Jr   

Being a junior will make it more difficult to get into a top tier.

By: Jr
by: Really?Apr 19, 2016 9:56:22 PM

Even if she has 3 more years and is like super pretty?

By: Really?
#3  by:    

If your "friend" only wants top tier that bad she's joining for the wrong reason.

By: …
#4  by: Nah    

Your roommate sounds like she is wanting to rush for the wrong reasons. She prob won't get a bid at all.... Girls usually are able to see through the shallowness

By: Nah
#5  by: sorority   

I'm not here to beat the dead horse, but what others are saying is true. I'm in a "top tier", but didn't join for the name or reputation. "Tiers" are dumb and demeaning and every chapter has amazing, beautiful, smart, talented women. I joined for our philanthropy that's so close to my heart and the phenomenal women by my side each and every day. As far as the "junior" situation, a bunch of great girls come through recruitment and it's not that we don't WANT to take older girls, it's that we physically can't. Because of requirements and restrictions from our national headquarters we can only take a certain number of a juniors, like less than five... out of a 60-woman pledge class. I wish your roommate the best of luck though! She'll find her home :)

By: sorority
#6  by: Rt   

The point of going Greek is to find where you belong and grow from that and to be involved in your school and community. Sometimes being in a top tier sorority is not meant for some people, think about it, why would you want to go somewhere you don't belong. If they dropped you, fine, move on it wasn't meant for you.

By: Rt

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.