facebook

beta theta pi returning

by: AJ

I heard that the Beta Theta Pi fraternity UT chapter is returning to campus. Why did the chapter close and what was its traditional reputation?

Posted By: AJ
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 2
#11  by: suck ballz   

Beta and du both suck donkey ballz. DU just sucks harder.

By: suck ballz
#12  by: HA HA   

Just add them to the already million you have. Not going to hurt a sole.

By: HA HA
#13  by: ^^^^   

long time ago

By: ^^^^
#14  by: Awesome   

I sure hope they come back because I'm going to be a Longhorn next Fall. Beta is a highly regarded fraternity. They have many good and strong chapters nationally. My cousins at Mizzou, Kansas and Oklahoma are all Betas.

By: Awesome
by: DiamondsR4everFeb 9, 2015 8:14:17 PM

Beta is a good well-known National fraternity. It's just not as strong in the South as some of the other National fraternities. Beta is strong on the East Coast and Midwest. Outside of TX A&M I don't know of any "top tier" Beta chapters in TX. Oklahoma U Beta is like UT's Fiji. Lots of money and very large chapter. Missouri chapter is probably the wealthiest (and most stuck up) single fraternity chapter out of any fraternity in the U.S.

By: DiamondsR4ever
by: BetaFeb 9, 2015 8:25:45 PM

is top at OU, but not really in the same way FIJI is top here. I don't know why you'd join a fraternity based on their national reputation, that's the dumbest reason I can think of. If you go to UT and are banking on fraternity connections to get you a job, you must be really dumb and in a useless major.

By: Beta
by: Actually DiamondsR4everFeb 18, 2015 2:46:26 PM

the Betas are strong in the South too. They don't have many chapters in the south like other fraternities but they have top tier chapters at Florida, Georgia Tech, Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss, Georgia, Clemson, South Carolina, Miami, Emory and Central Florida. In Texas, aside from Tx A&M, they have strong chapters at SMU and TCU with over 100 members each. And like you said, it's a well-known national fraternity. They have many strong chapters in the West too which I won't bother listing.

By: Actually DiamondsR4ever
by: Haha^Feb 19, 2015 11:56:27 AM

Look at this high school tryhard talking smack on GR. I get the whole "I want to wear the same letters" as my family thing, but just know that if you come to Texas and join Beta, you will have a terrible time. You won't have any sorority relations and every single other fraternity will look down on you, even the lower-tier chapters. Joining a fraternity with a large national network is great, but when people find out you come from a garbage chapter, they will think less of you, even if they are still technically your brother. If you want to associate yourself with like-minded people, and you actually come from a good family, you wouldn't want to join a colony. Now, I'm not trying to dissuade you from joining Beta, just presenting the facts. I didn't join the same fraternity as my dad and other family members because the UT chapter isn't great, and I am much happier for it.

By: Haha^
#15  by: well....   

they can buy the FIJI house

By: well....
#16  by: S0000   

when it comes we might care

By: S0000
#17  by: Thank you^^   

Sorry. I didn’t mean to talk smack. It wasn’t like me to do that. But I do truly appreciate the advice so thank you. I understand the many challenges of joining low tier chapters especially a colony. But one thing I learned from my dad is a life’s journey is more enjoyable by taking the difficult route ‘coz the easier path won’t help you grow and become a better person. IF I do decide to go to Texas and join Beta then I’ll just have to deal whatever comes my way the best I could. Life is what we make of it. I’m sure this applies to the frat experience – it’s what you put into it, not what you get out of it.

I’ve met many of my dad’s friends who are Betas from other schools and never once did I notice any of them act condescendingly even though a couple came from “weak” chapters. Everyone treated each other equally. And I thought that is what brotherhood is all about. I wouldn’t want to be judged just coz I came from a weak chapter but rather be judged for my character and what I can do.
I’m glad you made a decision that ended up being a good one for you. But I’m sure your dad and other family members secretly wished you were their fraternal brother too. Again thank you for your advice.

By: Thank you^^
by: The both Feb 25, 2015 10:59:17 PM

Of you are asinine. Heavens....

By: The both
by: CrackerFeb 26, 2015 4:37:18 PM

Sorry, but ^^ is right. I can respect your desire to join the fraternity that's common in your family, but this is what it's going to mean to you in reality. Personally, I'd rather have a great college experience and be in a group that's regionally stronger for networking after graduation.

By: Cracker

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.