facebook

sisters

by: Agreed

Require your Sorority to have a January Independent Audit of ALL finances. This will require current Sorority Officers to defend their actions or be charged with financial impropriety before they graduate in May.

An annual $500- $1 million house budget is too much trust/money to place on 20-22 year olds.... An average initial audit finds 5-10% budget improprieties. There are too many Sorority Officers wearing designer suits on a college student’s budget.

Posted By: Agreed
Post Reply Report
Page 3 of 9
#21  by: Join Us   

Visited UT Panhellenic Offices today. They agreed it was a good idea for Chapters that have a minimum 500 grand annual budget to be audited. To legislate this into a Bylaw, we need interest and support from the UT Greek community. If you agree, please contact your UT Panhellenic Rep and let them know your concern and interest.

Thank You.

By: Join Us
#22  by: Okay   

As a pledge this semester, I was surprised by the high membership dues. I would like to know my parents hard- earned money is not being skimmed by a corrupt Chapter Officer. Our Chapter President did not like or appreciate our inquiry on the topic. It will need to be pushed through by the members.

By: Okay
#23  by: Yep   

Our fraternity officers would not discuss a possible audit or listing how our dues are spent. They said just "be glad your here".

By: Yep
by: HahaAug 29, 2014 12:34:54 PM

Yeah that didn't happen.

By: Haha
#24  by: Pledge   

Yep, it did.
Asked again, and got hazed....

By: Pledge
#25  by: Sticker SHOCK   

Just pledge a sorority. I feel privledged. Then we received our semester dues. SHOCKING!

There is No Way my pledgeship and subsequent membership will cost the Chapter this much MONEY!

If there is no true explanation with an expense breakdown, I am gone...

By: Sticker SHOCK
#26  by: Tru   

Get use to be ripped-off if your Greek at UT.

Audits would really help.

By: Tru
#27  by: lol   

@ all these people that think Greek life is too expensive or audits will ever happen/even do anything.

By: lol
by: NopeSep 28, 2014 6:48:45 PM

It's not "all these people" it's just one crazy fnck with an axe to grind or service to sell talking to itself.

By: Nope
#28  by: Truth   

Many of the UT Chapter Houses are intentionally financially irresponsible. This allows officers to spend money on themselves or their fav members. The average member is overcharged @25% to cover these overages.

The risk of an annual audit will scare them enough to straighten out. If not, its open season on their quirks. An annual audit requirement must be mandated by the due paying members. The current Officers will avoid it..

By: Truth
#29  by: Pledges   

Consolidate as one and require your Chapter to have an January annual audit of ALL expenses.

If not, WALK >>>>

By: Pledges
#30  by: luv it   

New UT Fall 2014 pledges;

Consolidate as one and require your Chapter to have an January annual audit of ALL expenses.

If not, WALK >>>>

By: luv it

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.