facebook

sisters

by: Agreed

Require your Sorority to have a January Independent Audit of ALL finances. This will require current Sorority Officers to defend their actions or be charged with financial impropriety before they graduate in May.

An annual $500- $1 million house budget is too much trust/money to place on 20-22 year olds.... An average initial audit finds 5-10% budget improprieties. There are too many Sorority Officers wearing designer suits on a college student’s budget.

Posted By: Agreed
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 9
#11  by: Honor   

It happened at IU. It can happen anywhere.

By: Honor
#12  by: Also   

As far as financial impropriety, some sororities have their financial planning and money handling overseen by Longtime Chapter Advisers. If there is anyone who should be carefully examined for improprieties, it would be notoriously "career" chapter advisers. One might find out the fruits of their labor hardly come for free.

Probable fraud will be found by both Chapter Officers and Advisers. Some petty, but the potential for felony fraud is quite real....

By: Also
#13  by: Panhellenic   

Maybe Panhellenic should form an extra bylaw.

By: Panhellenic
#14  by: Yes   

Panhellenic should form an extra bylaw this year.
ASAP.....

By: Yes
#15  by: Greek Guy   

Asorry to bigfoot this topic. Anyone who handles money should be bonded and an audit required. Many chapter members worked at an a pro sports arena to supplement dues and our treasurer rspet 10-12 k of this money. Our chapter had 35-40 members and this hurt a lot. We should have prosecuted but we did not do it

By: Greek Guy
by: Why notAug 27, 2014 4:18:52 PM

have your alumni association have someone audit your finances every year? I'm in a smaller chapter (a little bit bigger than yours), and that's what we do. Hell, just have your alumni association handle your finances and not your treasurer. Our treasurer is mostly an intermediary between our alumni association and it works out well. We've never had any budget discrepancies, but maybe that's the plus side of being in a small chapter.

By: Why not
by: Your treasurerAug 28, 2014 12:37:10 PM

stole a phenomenol amount of money relative to your chapter size and the dues per person of the chapters that size. I'm surprised there wasn't at least a little more oversite from the EC or a treasury commity that would have caught him before he could do that.

By: Your treasurer
#16  by: JOKERS   

Grow up! None of you belong on here.

By: JOKERS
#17  by: Got OUT   

I joined KKG in my freshman year and yes their dues were expensive, almost $3,000 per semester. I was excited my first year with my new sisterhood but became concerned with the limited activity calendar and social exposure to all of the fraternities.

They really just mixed with one and had limited mixers with two others. I wanted to meet guys from all of the fraternities but they wanted a tight circle of social exposure. We co-hosted a limited number of parties and had a few charitable events.

The high monthly dues were never formally explained to where I knew I was being ripped-off. I did not live in the house and wanted out of that CULT. I was not active my senior year and spent my so-called dues on trips, clothes and having fun with my real friends. Had a BLAST.

By: Got OUT
#18  by: Any Ideas   

How can request Panhellenic to form an extra bylaw this year mandating annual Chapter House audits?

Any ideas please....

By: Any Ideas
#19  by: Student Union   

Go the Student Union and ask for the Panhellenic Offices.

Get a list of their Officers and e-mail, voice mail and hard copy them a request to add the Bylaw.

Ask all interested Greek Members to start a petition to add the Bylaw.

Its a good start.

By: Student Union
#20  by: I just   

want to make sure everyone knows that this is most likely one person having a conversation with herself. It's really freaky.

By: I just

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.