facebook

who are the "core four"?

by: Greek Geek

How do they compare to the "Big Six"? Could some of these sororities or others change ranks?

Posted By: Greek Geek
Post Reply Report
Page 3 of 4
#21  by: I   

doubt big six or core four ever change because it's been this way forever except that there really should be 5 groups in the middle tier because KD is very comparable to the others. It's just outdated tradition-- if you actually meet the girls, all 14 sororities are very similar. The only thing the labels tell you is your chances of getting into a house if you don't know someone.

By: I
by: HonestlySep 28, 2013 12:25:29 PM

there isn't any large degree of difference that makes the alleged "core 4" any appreciable degree better than KD, AXiD, or AEPhi. That said, there also isn't that much separating the big 6 from the others either. That's why I don't think inventing this new core 4 label is real useful or necessary. The big 6 is kind of silly too, but it actually was applied back when the playing field was less even, and there was an obvious top 6 to someone who didn't even know the accepted hierarchy. If someone were to go to each house with no preconceived notions or foreknowledge these days they'd be unlikely to tell you who is considered top, middle or lower tier.

By: Honestly
by: "Big Six"Sep 28, 2013 12:58:10 PM

Wasn't even intended to be a thing in the first place -- a writer for Texas Monthly who was a Kappa alum made up the label for an article where she poked fun at all the drama and hype surrounding sorority rush.

By: "Big Six"
by: ^Sep 28, 2013 1:10:54 PM

Perfectly true, but how it came about doesn't really change the fact that it stuck for better or worse.

By: ^
by: Huh? Sep 28, 2013 9:12:52 PM

This is an odd post...

By: Huh?
by: Well...Sep 28, 2013 9:30:29 PM

I think that's putting it nicely. I don't know what the hell they are talking about.

By: Well...
#22  by: And ......   

wouldn't you be embarrassed to have your legacy (Kappa) think you were only 2nd best and poke fun of all her so called sisters. What a nut case! But apparently some Airheads out their found it comical enough!

By: And ......
by: I'm sorrySep 28, 2013 10:07:56 PM

your post was some out of nowhere nonsense. I assume it's ripping on Kappa, who aren't mentioned in this entire thread aside from broad references to big 6 or PKT, but it was pretty much indecipherable.

By: I'm sorry
#23  by: ^^^^^^   

Airheads on board! LOL!

By: ^^^^^^
#24  by: HAHA   

People really think it's hard to get into UT? If you're a Texas resident and you don't get into UT, you're probably an idiot.

By: HAHA
by: yourSep 29, 2013 2:22:55 PM

ignorant post is proof positive that you are an idiot

By: your
by: ^Sep 29, 2013 2:29:04 PM

92-93% of the students in every high school in Texas are idiots?

by: ^^^Sep 29, 2013 5:53:42 PM

actually, there may be some truth to that in some parts of texas

By: ^^^
by: ^Sep 29, 2013 6:10:03 PM

Maybe some really bad innercity neighborhood schools, a lot of schools in parts of South Texas, and some BFN schools in towns with 4000 people. The majority of people at UT probably didn't go to those schools, and the vast majority of The girls who rush almost certainly didn't.

#25  by: ^^^^^^   

And all of the above are in the 92-93% of the students in Texas High Schools that are idiots!!!!!

By: ^^^^^^
#26  by: Agree with above   

Such idiots that they don't even know how to recreate a new discussion blog about whatever the heck they are complaining about.

By: Agree with above
by: HAHAOct 4, 2013 4:59:07 PM

I'm idiot poster 26 and I'm a UT student, out of state as well, so, yeah, a lot of people are morons. I'm actually an idiot, so if I'm here and they're not, they must be extremely stupid.

By: HAHA
#27  by: Find a life!   

The terms Big 6 and Core 4 both is equally idiotic to UT's current Greek system. So watch Mrs. Fancy Pants "HAha" go left now. LOL!

By: Find a life!
#28  by: hello   

core four is completely made up and not true. with the new pledge classes, the "core four" or whatever that even means should be AXO, DG, APhi, and honestly AZD. KD and ADPi did not rush well and haven't for the past two years.

By: hello
by: lolOct 2, 2013 2:12:39 AM

Thanks for your opinion, AXiD... The reason you guys are able to get some decent looking girls who are less than classy is because every other house rejects them for their terrible grades. That's why you are always in the bottom of the grade report. Good job trying to boost yourself into the "core four" because that's not going to happen.

By: lol
by: ^Oct 2, 2013 3:38:44 AM

There is no such thing is a core 4... Pretty sure this is a drunk ADPi, because between making posts that refer to the core 4 and rip on both KD and AXiD's pledge classes (both of whom were better than ADPi's), brought up grades, and the fact that they responded to the post about replacing ADPi with AXiD in the (nonexistent) core 4 in particular. I'm also assuming that an AXiD wouldn't make a post referring to themselves as AZD. ADPi and DG both had very marginal rushes in the "core 4". AXiD did very well, and KD was pretty good too.

#29  by: WELLLLLL   

Have you seen the DG group?? Not quality at all this year. I think they had so many issues throughout last year it really hurt them. But being in Big 6, we had a few upsets too. What happened to TriDelt?? Reputation too???

By: WELLLLLL
by: YeeessssOct 11, 2013 10:31:09 PM

This year was epically bad for both DG and DDD. I think DDD can skate on their long history but DG is going to really struggle next year too.

By: Yeeessss
#30  by: Truth   

Big 6: Pi Phi, Theta, Zeta, ChiO, KKG, TriDelt
Core 4: ADPi, AXO, APHI, DG
Rest: KD, SDT, AXD, AEPHI

KD is really good but they don't compete with any of the core fours.

By: Truth
by: trueFeb 7, 2016 10:00:24 AM

These tiers are accurate. Always has been this way, it's the history and tradition

By: true
by: mmmmmFeb 7, 2016 7:32:15 PM

re do your Core 4 line to: AXO, APhi, DG.....with ADPi way off from the group...not even sure if they are above KD, which has always been "lower". But guess what....they all have great girls....just the AXO's are a bit cooler and APhis a bit prettier than the other Core 4.

By: mmmmm

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.