facebook

phi delt

by: ?

So I'm reading a lot of mixed messages on GR about phi delt, what's the general impression that people have about them?

Posted By: ?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: truth   

they are a fraternity for non-fraternity people. They are in kind of their own world and won't give you full experience

By: truth
#2  by: No   

They just don't have a lot of respect within the Greek community. Sororities also never mix with them. The general impression is that if you are in Phi Delt, it's cause you couldn't make it anywhere else.

By: No
#3  by: Hey   

They do what every other fraternity do they're just smaller. Need a better housing situation, but it's a chapter of 120+ and growing. Have multiple parties each semester, a fun roundup, it's just smaller and lesser known. Yes they mix with "lower tier" sororities and spirit groups, but if you're cool you'll make friends in every group no matter what you are.

By: Hey
#4  by: Say no   

I would recommend not joining any fraternity if your only option is Phi Delt. Their reputation is just really weak.

By: Say no
#5  by: a   

A dry house, at least officially.

By: a
#6  by: Honest opinion   

Lower mid tier. They get ~30 guys each fall and mix with sororities like axid, kd, adpi a lot as well as spirit groups. Parties are alright, biggest thing holding them back right now is their house. Better guys than phi psi in my opinion.

By: Honest opinion
by: aphiAug 24, 2016 6:01:28 PM

And Aphi, lol

By: aphi
#7  by: honestly   

They just have a lot of weird guys. 99% of their guys couldn't join any other fraternity. Nobody really goes into UT wanting to be a Phi Delt, they just end up being stuck with that option.

By: honestly
#8  by: Well   

Not sure about the older guys but I know their most recent fall pledge class mixed with just about every sorority and had a pretty solid reputation. Cooler guys than phi psi but less room to improve going forward due to housing situation. Underrated yard for parties but still need a new property

By: Well
#9  by: Phi delt   

Have several options in the mid tier group, including mid tier frat gr finds "respectable" but will probably pledge phi delt because the guys I met are really cool. Had fun at their events.

By: Phi delt
#10  by: uhhuh   

I would never go Phi Delt, honestly, its just not respected at UT. Don't consider yourself a part of the greek scene if you join Phi Delt, because nobody views them as a real fraternity, but mostly just a weird friend group.

By: uhhuh
by: Partially trueAug 16, 2016 8:23:50 PM

But I wouldn't say the guys are weird, most recent fall pledge class was as much a part of the "Greek scene" as Sammy, phi psi and even pike considering they had such a small pledge class. Honestly liked atos pledge class best out of the "middle tier" fraternities we mixed with but had a good time at phi delt. However I have heard some of the older guys are a little more awkward

By: Partially true

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.