facebook

new sorority

by: Curious

Which one would y'all like to see here now that Panhellenic has voted to expand?

Posted By: Curious
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 2
#11  by: outsider   

GammaPhi actually left in the mid 80's, came back a few years later and then closed again after several years. Their old lodge is now used by Farmhouse. Would be surprised if they tried again...but who knows.

Sigma Kappa - yes, they had been on campus years ago, but they are not very strong as a group overall. Seen a lot of colonizations in recent years, but not sure how successful they were. Have some good things about them...so possible contender if they submitted a packet.

One thing to think about is alum support to help a chapter. That is big with the groups at Tech. Who might be able to support a chapter with local alums or at least nearby. Also, who has the bandwidth to handle a big colonization with their consultant staff, etc. if you already have a bunch in the works, it may be hard to support another one at a big school.

Just some thoughts.

By: outsider
#12  by: Texan Alpha Gam   

Alpha Gamma Delta has had some really successful colonizations at some very big campuses (So Cal, UCLA, South Carolina). So that would work in their favor.

And that a group doesn't have chapters at the other big universities in Texas might work in their favor. Texan alums need somewhere for their legacies to go. Right now my daughter is looking at Bama, Oregon State and Washington State. I might try to turn her head toward Tech if there was an Alpha Gam chapter there.

AGD might not even submit an interest packet. But I would be thrilled if they did and definitely throw my support towards any expansion in Texas. :)

By: Texan Alpha Gam
#13  by: Bobcat   

DZ is great rotates top 3 at Texas state. Gamma phi is the lowest worst sorority haha don't take their Greek rank % seriously

By: Bobcat

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.