facebook

new sorority

by: Curious

Which one would y'all like to see here now that Panhellenic has voted to expand?

Posted By: Curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: klkgldkflg   

phi mu

Delta Zeta, Phi Mu, Gamma Phi Delta and Alpha Omicron Pi seem to be the ones people want the most.

By: klkgldkflg
by: ^Jun 4, 2014 12:41:51 PM

It's Gamma Phi Beta not Gamma Phi Delta

By: ^
#2  by: yes   

Phi Mu!

By: yes
#3  by: Hmmmm...   

I don't know any successful chapters of these sororities at any major Texas schools. All four are great nationally, but not here. MAYBE DZ has a few moderately successful chapters. Phi Mu is up and coming at UH. Other than that, I am not sure.

By: Hmmmm...
by: OkJun 7, 2014 10:08:37 PM

I stand corrected. My friend at TCU told me they have a fairly new, but successful Gamma Phi chapter. Other than that, I would say DZ is the one with the most successful Texas chapters, but they are mostly at smaller schools.

By: Ok
by: umJun 8, 2014 10:25:01 AM

Gphi at Texas State is top tier

By: um
by: what?Jun 8, 2014 5:53:55 PM

No where in Texas is GPhi top tier but they would be my first choice to come to Tech next. Tech already has the top 11 national sororities. GPhi would round out the top 12.

By: what?
#4  by: curious   

Have any groups submitted packets yet? If so, does anyone know which groups submitted packets?

By: curious
#5  by: Heart of Texas   

The number of Texas chapters doesn't matter as much as the chapters at schools like Texas Tech - the major Texas schools. DZ has chapters at A&M and Texas State, G Phi has chapters at A&M, TCU, and Texas State. AOPi is at TCU, and Alpha Xi Delta is at UT and Texas State. It seems like those would be the front runners. Phi Mu is also a strong contender. They are strong in the south, just not in Texas. I predict g Phi, AOPi and Phi Mu to be the finalists. They all seem to expand a lot and aren't afraid of new chapters at big schools.

By: Heart of Texas
by: no Jul 20, 2014 12:37:23 PM

not Phi Mu, not enough Texas Chapters at big schools. Gamma Phi is the only one that could compete with the chapters already on campus

By: no
#6  by: pan   

Alpha Gamma Delta is decent in other states, not really a thing in Texas
Alpha Epsilon Phi is mostly in the northeast.
Alpha Xi Delta stands a better chance than some.
Alpha Omicron Pi is a joke nationally, but could be worse. I came from a major university with a chapter and they were so uninvolved. Hopefully that was an isolated problem.
Alpha Sigma Alpha- no.
Alpha Sigma Tau- I honestly don't know much about them.
Gamma Phi Beta is fairly prominent in Texas from what I understand.
Delta Zeta stands a better chance than most. Probably one of the most likely to get it.
Delta Phi Epsilon, idk much about them.
Theta Phi Alpha, same here.
Sigma Delta Tau, my best friend is one at another school so I'm pretty biased.
Sigma Kappa- I follow them on FB and Insta, and they are colonizing like CRAZY! They stand a really great chance TBH. My personal favorite.
Sigma Sigma Sigma is very strong at a lot of school in the south, esp. Louisiana.
Phi Mu- yes please! Hands down my personal second choice.
Phi Sigma Sigma- meh.

By: pan
#7  by: Most likely   

It's either Alpha Xi Delta or Gamma Phi Beta. Alpha Xi has such a strong UT chapter that I could see them doing really well up here because they're so close to a strong chapter. Gamma Phi has a really good shot too since they still have a lot of alumni in the area after they lost their charter, so it could go either way.

By: Most likely
#8  by: ...   

can't wait to see what happens!

By: ...
#9  by: news   

It definitely won't be Gamma Phi Beta as their nationals did not submit an interest packet

By: news
by: InterestingAug 24, 2014 9:48:03 AM

If this is true, then who did submit packets? More fun to speculate about actual candidates than remote possibilities.

By: Interesting
by: re:InterestingAug 25, 2014 2:16:06 PM

I'm not sure who did submit, but I have it on very good authority that Gamma Phi did not. Can't wait to find out who is interested though!

By: re:Interesting
#10  by: gg   

Delta zeta

By: gg

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.