facebook

frats

by: Class of 2018

It seems like its mostly sorority girls posting on this site but I'm wondering if anyone has any tips for fraternity rush? What are the top houses and what are the benefits of joining the Greek System as UBC?

Posted By: Class of 2018
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Ugh   

You don't need to know what the top houses are.
1/ they can see through you. If you're sucking up to only top tier fraternities, you'll end up with probably no bid
2/ once you actually go through rush it will be absolutely clear who is top tier and bottom

No tips, be yourself. If you're trying to get pointers from a site where you yourself even said is only filled with girls, that says a lot about you

Main benefits: networking, partying, girls, study notes, involvement (basically a more enhanced version of university life)

By: Ugh
#2  by: Rushing   

My advice: Find a house you fit at, then chill with them on downtime. Everyone goes when there are crazy parties, but if you are there when there aren't a ton of people out you'll stand out more.

By: Rushing
by: FratAug 4, 2013 2:00:29 PM

Get to know one or two guys before rush, so that you can get to know them more before you actually join. Once you join you can't switch...it just doesn't work that way.

By: Frat
#3  by: Response   

I'm from a fraternity that some label as one of the "top tier" on this campus. (Don't judge anything off of Greek Rank at the end of the day, btw). Go through Rush with a completely open mind. It will become evident to you in the process which ones may be more successful than others, but it will also become evident which group(s) of guys you may see yourself with more. Judge on a few different factors: (1) Would I want to be around these guys all the time? (2) Are these guys going to offer me the social outlet I'm looking for? (3) Does this organization actually offer me extra opportunities, like leadership/scholastic/philanthropic, etc.?

Like someone else said, if you're going in only looking at "top tier" and trying to play yourself off as "top tier," then those "top tier" may actually end up seeing right through it as insincere and you won't even get that bid.

By: Response
#4  by: yesman   

im very happy with all of these responses. shows that guys are the mature aspect of the site haha

By: yesman
by: opinionAug 15, 2013 3:15:48 AM

I honestly think it's a lot of the girls adding those negative reviews. Certain fraternities have certain close sorority friends that are going out on missions here.

By: opinion
#5  by: PDT   

I agree with Opinion, most of the negative/malicious reviews on the fraternity pages have a distinctly female feel to them. Unfortunately it seems as if girls close to the fraternities are bashing others. Not only is this site counterproductive to the values and goals of Greek life, but it also prays on the already weak ties we have between our organizations. I really wish there was some sort of platform in which we could all work towards better relationships. After all, we are all Greeks.

By: PDT
#6  by: thatsaid   

These people covered the Rush part.

Benefits of joining: way better social life (social life at UBC is not very good unless you find the proper outlets), networking and connections, academic support, leadership opportunities and conferences, strong support system and network, girls, good times, and philanthropy/service opportunities if you're into it.

By: thatsaid

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.