facebook

changes in formal rush 2015

by:    

They've already cut the skit round, has anyone else heard any of the changes being made to formal recruitment this year?

Posted By: Purdue girl
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

What?! Cut a round?? Please explain

By: Wait
#2by:    

They didn't cut the round just no more skit something else will be done instead. Also I heard that gamma chis may be affiliated with their chapters and first round may be held in the union.

By: Yeah
#3by:    

I think they might have cut a round because its going to be done in 2 weekends instead of 3

By: Purdue Girl
by: Mhm   

Yup, it's august 28-30th and sept 4-6th. Stressful. Anyone know why they are cutting it down/ what the agenda will look like now

By: Mhm
#4by:    

They didn't cut a round. Last semester there was an extra round because there were two home football games but this semester they're away so there's the same number of rounds but now some rounds will take place on a Saturday uike last year.

By: No

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#5by:    

Yeah, the gamma chi thing is the stupidest decision I've ever heard. Gamma chis being disaffiliated was the only way to keep from being biased. My guess is that some gamma chis were dirty rushing so hard this year they saw no reason to even have it be a secret because they were doing it anyways.

By: Gchi
#6by:    

Gamma chis will be affiliated
They don't have skit round
Open house round will be in Beering or Stewart.. don't remember which one
There will be 3 gamma chis per group of 60 girls

they just passed all these things in Greek Council a couple of weeks ago

By: Ayo
by: Guest   

But the purpose of open HOUSE round is for girls to go to the HOUSES....

By: Guest
by: Ugh   

Open house is still in the houses for this upcoming rush but NEXT (as in 2016) formal rush is in the union.

By: Ugh
by: ??????   

What is the purpose of putting open house in the Union? This extremely ruins the quality of formal recruitment. Not being able to actually see the sorority houses until the 2nd round is ridiculous. Girls who are cut may never actually get to see a certain house.

If this is AOPi's or some other houseless chapter trying to level the playing field it won't work. Everyone knows what chapters don't have houses so that won't change anything open house round.

This doesn't even make sense logistically. If getting from one house to another was the complaint then why make EVERYONE come to the Union just to rush? That includes PNMs and the recruiters. There's much more room for error when they make twice the number of girls move to one place. Just get more buses and fix transporting PNMs so they can get to the houses on time.

By: ??????
by: Also   

And in two years aopi is supposed to have a house built. I feel as though this would make them more desirable as it'll be a brand new house so if it's to help them then that logic doesn't make much sense and sdt doesn't want a house so it wouldn't matter for them anyways. Maybe it's for Kappa Delta? Then again, I'm sure they'll have a house in a few years too. I'm also bothered by the skit being cut out of skit rounds because now it's like what do we do with that time? More bumps? More videos? And the gamma chi change really bothers me. Girls are going to feel bad if they want to drop their gamma chis house so I don't see how this is beneficial. Plus it could lead to dirty rushing.

By: Also
by: .   

are you sure it isn't going to be at the union this fall (2015)? That's what someone on panhel told me

By: .
by: Nah   

Our recruitment chair made it very clear that this year it's still in the houses and next year it's in the union

By: Nah

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.