facebook

New sorority at UI

by: Bearly

Are we ever getting a new sorority? I really wish we had ZTA.

Posted By: Bearly
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Why?   

Why do you wish we had zta?

By: Why?
by: BearlyDec 12, 2022 5:55:10 PM

They’re one of the only bigger groups we don’t have

By: Bearly
#2  by: ZTA etc   

We had ZTA but they folded due to weak recruiting. Their house is still standing on Lincoln Ave. Big and cool, though kind of far from campus.

We also had: Tri Sigs, DPhiE, ASA, Phi Beta Chi, and Sigma Kappa. Did I forget any?

By: ZTA etc
by: BearlyDec 12, 2022 6:55:13 PM

But they’ve been gone a long time. It would be great to have a well know group.

by: JimmyDec 13, 2022 12:08:11 PM

@Bearly I suspect you are a ZTA alum. Get your alums together, determine interest in supporting a chapter, contact FSA and ask about procedures, contact your nationals, and get to work.

As far as "are we ever getting a new sorority" Phi Mu is pretty new. But the university does not initiate a new chapter, alums and nationals do.

By: Jimmy
by: hiDec 13, 2022 1:25:44 PM

we probably will never get any new sororities, unless recruitment numbers return to what they used to be. every year, sigma kappa nationals talks to fsa about returning, but are advised not to since the houses we do have can barely reach quota.

By: hi
#3  by: Son of Herb   

I wish we had more but smaller, so the size would be comparable to frats.

By: Son of Herb
by: yeahDec 13, 2022 8:17:28 PM

And they could rent a modest house, and not have to worry about quota.

By: yeah
#4  by: Bearly   

My sister is a ZTA and I am not an alum I think they are a cool group that would do well at UI

by: JimmyDec 14, 2022 12:17:31 AM

Bearly, I agree it would be nice to see them. There's 2X as many frats so it would not hurt to add one or two more sororities. I just checked and ZTA is one of the 10 largest so you have a point there.

By: Jimmy
#5  by: chi sig   

i wish we had more monkey meat.

By: chi sig

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.