facebook

For any girls on the fence about rushing

by: a warning

I was one of the girls who said they wouldn't rush but ended up deciding to so I could try it out. From my experience this past year, if you know that greek life isn't for you and you just want to rush for fun- don't. When I got into my sorority on bid day, the excitement I felt overshadowed the glaring red flags and it wasn't until after initiation that I became aware of the true toxic nature of my sorority. Trust me: it's better to save yourself the drama and stress of joining an organization you have some doubts about than joining and having to pay any fines associated with breaks in contract/ dropping OR being forced to stick it out another year to avoid said fines. There are plenty of opportunities for having a great social life outside of greek life, and most people don't make it to a third year anyways.

Posted By: a warning
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: omo   

I'm not a girl but it seems like a better idea to rush informal or spring instead of formal fall rush. That way you can get into the house you want to. Crying at Follienger with 1000+ girls around because you didn't get into the house you wanted kinda sad.

P.S. Also it is interestinig to see all the girls running back and forth to get to each houese in time with all the fancy clothes.
GOOD LUCK!

By: omo

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.