facebook

Dropping A Sorority Before Initiation

by: sorority

I just joined a sorority but have not been initiated yet and initiation isn’t for a while. I don’t feel like it’s a good fit anymore and I want to drop. Is dropping possible at all? I did sign the MRABA

Posted By: sorority
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: lol   

you literally just joined, you can’t do informal even if you do rush. wait a while to see how you truly fit. the beginning is always awkward

By: lol
by: sororitySep 16, 2021 7:03:25 PM

can’t do informal at all or just this spring? ive heard the earliest you can re-rush is formal recruitment next fall

By: sorority
by: hahaSep 16, 2021 8:56:41 PM

yeah you can’t rush until next fall. i would wait it out just to see if you still wanna drop in a few weeks then do it, but you literally just got in. you’ll never truly know where you fit until you get to know the girls

By: haha
by: Facts Sep 16, 2021 8:58:13 PM

You also need to think if srat will hold you to one year live in as you will be living with your pledge class versus your friends.

By: Facts
by: sororitySep 17, 2021 12:07:46 AM

do you know if i would be able to do informal not this spring but the following spring of the next school year?

By: sorority
by: yesSep 17, 2021 2:06:01 AM

Spring of 2023 - yes

By: yes
#2  by: I gotchu   

If you drop now you probably only have to pay ~$100-$200. If you wait until after initiation you have to pay a bunch of extra fees. Wait a couple more weeks to see if you change your mind but if you want to drop, do it before initiation.

By: I gotchu

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.