facebook

Sorority Snap Bids

by: 24

I know after bid day sororities will start doing snap bid, when will that start happening

Posted By: 24
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: haha   

Maybe within the next two weeks??

By: haha
#2  by: 24   

Will it be all houses? Heard it might be mid and lower, Is this correct??

By: 24
by: Pac987Sep 14, 2020 8:40:11 PM

Um-its all a numbers game. Trust me the only doing the snaps are the houses that are bottom. No one else. Sorry. And the “top” houses actual house sucks so they are not so exclusive anymore

By: Pac987
by: lolSep 14, 2020 8:55:20 PM

a 'top' house gave my friend a snap bid?? so?

By: lol
by: @lolSep 14, 2020 10:47:03 PM

@ lol.....sure the top house gave your “friend” a snap. No they didn’t. Lie.

By: @lol
#3  by: new   

How does a snap bid work and who is eligible to get them?

By: new
#4  by: Panhell    

Snap bidding: Used as necessary to assist chapters that did not match to quota.

This year chapters throughout the “tiers” will snap bid.

Pg 102 - NPC handbook

By: Panhell
#5  by: Srat   

What @panhell said.

Some chapters will not have reached campus total and will likely COB. If you’re interested, contact PHC and/or reach out the the sorority directly.

By: Srat
by: ???Sep 14, 2020 10:05:06 PM

I thought that you weren’t allowed to reach out to sororities and they are the ones allowed to reach out to you for snap bids?

By: ???
#6  by: 24   

how does snap bidding work. i didnt end up rushing but I kinda wish I did

By: 24
by: PanhellSep 14, 2020 10:07:09 PM

So you didn’t go through formal, so you’re not on a contact list for a snap bid.

However if a sorority is under campus total set by FSA, they may look to add more members. Contact PHC for information about continuous open bidding (COB) or wait until next year and do formal in the fall.

Chapters that GR would “say” wouldn’t COB will do so this year. If you go that route, I would suggest you truly check out a few different chapters — you gotta find the right fit!

By: Panhell
#7  by: Greek   

Snap bidding occurred prior to bids being given out. What is happening now is COB Continuous Open Bidding. Any PNM can now receive a bid from a house under chapter total unless they signed the agreement during preffing and we’re given a bid already. If they change their mind they need to wait until the next formal recruitment next year.

By: Greek

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.