facebook

you can never tell during rush

by: question

im a 23 and during rush when I visited a "top" house I had hands down the best conversation I had during all of recruitment. the girl who rushed me really clicked with me and we had a genuine and meaningful conversation with none of that bs "whats ur major" stuff. I remember leaving the house feeling really good and confident that they would call me back...and they didn't. I was confused but luckily I ended up somewhere that really feels like home and I'm 100% happy. a few days ago, I ran into the girl who rushed me and she hugged me and told me how much she enjoyed our conversation and how much it meant to her. so I'm confused! is clicking with a girl not enough to call her back for 1st invite? did I not fit into the stereotypical look of a "top" house?

Posted By: question
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: your23   

you're 23 lol don't rush

By: your23
#2  by: 23   

One conversation with one girl isn't enough to guarantee you a call back. Especially when the sorority has 180 girls and there are hundreds more rushing.

By: 23
by: YeaOct 29, 2019 11:26:38 PM

It makes more sense once you learn how to recruit as an active, but theres other factors like grades, legacies, recs, which may affect which PNMs can be invited back, and then there’s all of the other girls you talk to during recruitment whose opinions also matter during voting. One girl can help a ton, but it’s never a guarantee

By: Yea
#3  by: I   

Just because you had a good convo with one girl doesn’t mean the rest of the girls wanted you back. Getting asked back isn’t just one persons decision
Also she could’ve seen you being friends with her but not necessarily a good fit for the rest of the house. There’s a difference between getting along with one person and being a good fit for the whole sorority

By: I

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.