facebook

question on how informal rush works

by: No agenda

I have a question about informal rush. Now that bids are out and the houses can start informal , can they offer spots to as many informal pledges as they want? I’m getting different information. Someone told me houses who meet quota can only give out spots to fill spots that drop. Other people are telling me houses can give out spots as they see fit to fill their house.

With numbers so low I’m wondering if they will want to have more pledges to spread out costs better to fill the houses etc.

This is not a bash on any house nor an argument about process. I’m curious about numbers to assess chances of getting an informal bid. If there are only spots opening to fill drops from houses who met quota, that’s not a lot of openings.

Posted By: No agenda
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: yes   

bump!

By: yes
#2  by: Answer    

You can open bid up to the total even if you make quota. Not all houses will do that but they can if they want to. That’s the national rule. I don’t know what will happen this year but I suspect a lot of houses will be doing at least some because the numbers are so low.

By: Answer
#3  by: Hi   

Panhellenic sets a chapter total for all sororities. If a chapter made quota and is at chapter total they cannot give any bids. If a chapter met quota but is NOT at chapter total they can give bids to meet chapter total. Any other house that did not meet quota and is not at chapter total is also allowed to give bids.

By: Hi

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.