facebook

what r my options

by: freshie pnm

I was kind outgoing and had interesting conversations with almost every single house I liked (I had 2 I loved and probably around 3 really liked) and somehow I didn’t get invited back to any of those. I have other options but I didn’t vibe with them or see myself in the house with those girls. I’m going through w rush but I’m 90% sure I’ll drop bc what’s the point of wasting time and money on a house that I don’t belong in. It just sucks and I wish I knew why I wasn’t invited back. I know informal is a thing (doubt any of my favorite houses would participate in that - AXO, KD, GPHI, XO, AXD) and I feel like rushing for the second time as a sophomore sucks. I see myself in a sorority and I was planning this for so long and now idek what to do with myself

Posted By: freshie pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: :(   

I know how you feel. The rush process is not kind to anyone. I actually know a number of girls in a variety of chapters who got dropped from the house they thought they loved, only to end up looking back and being happy to be in the house they got into.

Also, think of it like this: you talked to and vibed with around probably 6/7ish girls from those houses throughout open and 1st. 6/100+ isn't always a good representation of a chapter. And the girls you think you didn't vibe with? Also only 6/100+. Try to go into 2nd and pref with an open mind. The conversations get longer, and you get to talk to more people from each house. I hope everything works out for you. :)

By: :(
#2  by: :/   

You should give the other houses a chance! If you want to go through with rush but are certain you will end up dropping the house you get into, take into consideration that you would be taking someone else's spot in the house just to drop it...

By: :/
by: yesSep 13, 2019 12:08:13 PM

this is a good point too. I'd recommend at least going through second and seeing if you change your mind

By: yes
#3  by: The thing is...   

I have friends in every single house. These are girls I've gotten to know through other activities. in classes, through other friends, etc. I absolutely believe that you can find friends in every house here. Recruitment parties are so short and over so quickly that you never get to know the vast majority of girls. Get to know girls in every house and try again.

By: The thing is...
#4  by: Forreal    

Choose the house that chooses you

By: Forreal
by: trueSep 13, 2019 9:57:29 PM

You will find your people in whatever house chooses you.

By: true
#5  by: hey   

I rushed as a freshman and it didn't work out. I rushed again as a sophomore and I ended up in one of the houses you said were your five favorites. Rush is honestly really hard especially since you do not talk to people very long. The house I am in now I feel like I fit in perfect but they dropped me when I went through recruitment freshman year. I personally loved rushing as a sophomore, but I know a lot of houses (mine included) are doing informal also since numbers this year were so low. Keep your head up if you really want to be in a house I am here as proof that it can work out! :)

By: hey

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.