facebook

can i pledge a top house with these classes?

by: jiansy

Physics 2 E and M with lab (Physics 212)
Chem 222 (Lecture only)
Chbe 221
Last 170 (gen ed)
Plpa 200 (gen ed)
Total: 16 hours

And get a 3.5+ gpa?

Posted By: jiansy
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Honestly   

Absolutely not

By: Honestly
#2  by: Honestly 2   

nope. No sigs, no ato, no pike, no sae for you. its gonna be a ton of work and at a top house you will probaly not be able to keep up with it all and get a 3.5, let alone a 2.5. Even if you pledge acac, phi delt, sammies, or du, or who knows where, you still might not get that 3.0. You got some hard classes.

By: Honestly 2
#3  by: jiansy   

How about delts? Guys this is the easiest my semester I will have, its now or never. I have 2 gen ed classes this time from now on I won't ever have a gen ed.

Idk anything about fraternities, but why can't I do it? I would just need like 4-5 hours a day to study/ do my work for all my classes

By: jiansy
by: DerpJul 18, 2013 11:40:09 AM

You are vastly underestimating the time commitment and effort it takes to pledge a good house.

Maybe a sorority is more your speed.

By: Derp
#4  by: Ha   

No you cant. You could try pledging ATO who supposedly is losing their pledgeship for a big payout from their alum. Idk about delts situation. Your best bet of joining whats still considered a good house at U of I and getting decent grades are Phi delt, Acacia, zbt. SigEp is a sorority but has a high house gpa because of it, and everyone below the top 5 and those 4 right after, really dont matter and arent considered top houses

By: Ha
#5  by: Jiansy   

What should I do then? Pledge or not pledge if I'm worried about grades like I said this will be my easiest semester. Top 3 don't matter how about some fraternities below that etc. can someone find if delts still has a pledgeship

By: Jiansy
by: DudeJul 18, 2013 9:09:29 PM

Figure it out yourself during rush, just like everyone else does.

By: Dude
#6  by: yeah.   

You will hear everything you need to know about different pledgships during rush...there's always a rusheee that knows too much.

By: yeah.

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.