facebook

do i even have a chance?

by: your favorite yogi

I'm a sophomore who has had an interest in joining a sorority this past school year. After attending two informal recruitment events for different houses, I have been left a bit discouraged at my chances of actually finding one to call my own after a few incidences where the girls running events expressed their preference for freshmen girls in the selection process. I appreciate their honesty and can even understand why this is, but I just wanted to openly ask if I really even have a chance? This is something I really want so no matter what I'm going to put my best foot forward, but I realize I need to be realistic as well. I've asked my friends who are in houses and have gotten a variety of different replies so I would really appreciate any guidance that can be offered. Also a little bit of information for reference, I have a 3.3 gpa and am involved in several extracurriculars. Thank you and have a safe, spectacular rest of sylly week! :)

Posted By: your favorite yogi
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ~sorority gurl~   

It really comes down to the sorority and luck tbh, some sororities (think stereotypical ~top houses~) may be more selective in their process and want freshman. It may not be the answer you'd like to hear, but totally try out middle and lower tier sororities, they may be more likely to do informal this winter, and be more open to the idea of sophomores (also so many of them are filled with WONDERFUL girls! Don't let made up tiers stop you from going to one.) Hell I've heard of seniors getting into sororities that know they're gonna have to stay a 5th year.some Advice is literally talk to EVERYONE you know mentioning that you wanna do recruitment. A lot of houses don't publicaly say they're doing informal, but they are doing informal and may accept like 3 or so girls, but they're relying on current members to find girls for informal, not like having panhellenic announce they need a bunch of members. I did informal in the winter and it was literally bc I mentioned to this one chick (who I randomly ran into one day and barely talked to) that I was interested in informal and she was like "oh I'll pass your info along to our recruitment chair" a month after that I got into the sorority. Hope this helps and Best of luck!

By: ~sorority gurl~

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.