facebook

why rank?

by: Boy

Do girls worry about ranks to get better parties or just to feel cool in front of other girls?

Posted By: Boy
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: well   

It's human nature to compete, and human nature to want to feel superior to those around you. Being a "top house" gives the girls that feeling, regardless of how true it actually is.

By: well
#2  by: Its sad but true    

People will look down on you, if they have any knowledge of the Greek community, if you are in a low tier house. This follows you until you after you graduate. Most careers are dominated by members of the Greek community, and certain companies recruit heavily from u of I. I was at a job shadow and my friend said her house compared to mine and the person immediately started talking to me over her. Guys in fraternities will stop talking to you when you say your house if it’s a bad one and girls will give you a look of pity. When I go out with my lower tier friends and I mention what house I am at the lower tier frats we are at the guys literally idolize me it’s so sad but true.

By: Its sad but true
by: Huh?Nov 6, 2018 11:52:14 PM

Ummm pls no one take this person’s comment too seriously. Any employer at any company worth it’s salt wouldn’t put a lot of weight on whether or not you were even in Greek life, let alone which house you were in. Not to mention that house reps and “tiers” vary wildly btw schools. Also, all my experience at this school, I have NEVER seen a frat guy stop talking to an attractive girl when she mentioned she was in a “lower” sorority. Not once. In fact, frats will let you in more restricted parties just for being in any sorority at all. Yes, girls in “upper” sororities might look down on you, but they don’t realize that most girls in all the lower and mid sororities look down on them too for being so pretentious and immature.

By: Huh?
by: HmmNov 7, 2018 12:12:29 AM

I think the comment was satire...

By: Hmm
by: YepNov 8, 2018 10:40:51 AM

Agree ^

By: Yep

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.