facebook

sophomore

by: Kate

I want to rush next fall. I will be a sophomore. I didn’t rush this year as a freshmen. Is it worth it? Do a lot of house take sophomores?

Posted By: Kate
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Sophomore   

Yes you should rush. All houses welcome sophomore! You'll love it, i did!

By: Sophomore
#2  by: Hi   

While they do prioritize freshman (4 yrs of money vs less than), I would still recommend giving it a shot. Sophomores+ do tend to have a harder time retaining their top picks throughout rush, but at the end of the day if they like the way you act and look, they’ll likely give you a bid.

By: Hi
#3  by: I did it    

I agree that sophomore is a little more difficult but it’s so worth it. You will find a good match (I did) and love Greek life.

By: I did it
#4  by: g   

I rushed this semester as a sophomore and going into it I already knew houses would be biased, but I didn't expect it to be as bad as it was. Other sophomores who also rushed felt the same way, and most of them ended up either dropping or settling for a house they didn't particularly like. Unless you have a friend who can get you into their sorority, you might have a hard time getting into a house you truly like. However, you should still try rushing because you never know. I'm just posting this to warn you because i went into recruitment with a very open mind and my hopes up, and I ended up being extremely disappointed. Good luck!

By: g

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.