facebook

help

by: hi

so i rushed this year as a sophomore and barely got invited back to any houses despite the decent conversations i had during open house which makes me skeptical about how exactly houses decide who to invite back. anyway i dropped and am planning to do informal but am not sure how it works. can someone explain? also will many houses be doing informal?

Posted By: hi
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: helpful   

Its hard to say how many houses will do informal, because some houses are EXTREMELY low key about it (meaning you have to onow people to even know that they are doing informal) and other houses are a bit more open about it. Generally, informal just involves casual events with smaller amounts of sisters & a much more laid back environment. Informal is more like frat rush, if you go to events & they like you, you'll probably get a bid. Keep your head up!!

By: helpful
#2  by: Yes   

As a sophomore that rushed i saw a trend of extremely low amount of invites back for myself and other sophomores.

By: Yes
#3  by: pro   

Don't feel bad - it is a lot tougher to rush as a sophomore. Phi Mu, AEPhi, DZ, AGD will have informal so don't be afraid to reach out to the girls. They will be friendly and helpful.

By: pro
by: sssSep 24, 2018 8:27:01 PM

AOPi too

By: sss
by: PopsSep 24, 2018 8:32:15 PM

Yep and SDT..prob more than usual will do informal because many girls dropped during recruitment this year. Kind of a new thing to have that many girls drop. Hope it’s not going to become a trend.

By: Pops
#4  by: Same   

I didn’t drop (I wish I had) but I agree. Sophomores were certainly at a disadvantage this year. I’m a sophomore and so are some of my friends who rushed and we got much less invites back than many of the freshman.

By: Same
#5  by: me too   

literally I'm in the EXACT SAME situation.

By: me too
#6  by: tea   

it might be bc of your gpa

By: tea
by: nahSep 23, 2018 10:38:14 PM

they don't really pay attention to your gpa

By: nah
by: huhSep 23, 2018 11:48:50 PM

they care about gpa. idk where they got this info from

By: huh
#7  by: soph   

Try again in the fall! it's weird but you end up having a better chance as a junior of getting into a house because each house has to take a certain number of older girls. try again and you might have better luck!

By: soph
#8  by: Money   

It’s all about the $$. They want your money for four years.

By: Money

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.