facebook

tri delt pledge transfer?

by: Ex ddd

Hey guys, I was a DDD pledge at IU and as most of you know our charter was revoked this past month.
I'm from Chicago and was thinking of transferring to u of I next year in hopes of re-rushing tri delt. I love what tri delt represents nationality and embodies as a whole and would love to be able to rep 3D again.
I was just wondering how welcoming the girls in 3D are at UIUC and if they'd be welcoming to giving me a shot, since I wasn't initiated I'd have to go through the whole rush process again lol.
And if you could give a description of the house there it'd be much appreciated.
Thanks!!

Posted By: Ex ddd
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: just   

Just go through Rush again at IU. Since you did not initiate, the other houses would understand your situation and you can still be Greek.

By: just
#2  by: what if   

What if you transfer here, and DDD does not give you a bid?

By: what if
#3  by: #4   

Tridelt is a top house here, so if you think you're too house material, go for it! Usually, you can put in an application that says that you were once a tridelt, and that you're transferring but want to stay in your home sorority!

By: #4
by: NoApr 2, 2017 10:09:32 AM

I don't know what you are trying to say about an application to "stay" in a "home sorority", but this girl was not actually a tridelt. Someone who was a pledge elsewhere is not considered a member and would the same status as every other PNM. She doesn't know the chapter here and they don't know her; it might work out for her at DDD and it might not. They owe her nothing more than an "I'm so sorry this happened to you" but honestly she is just emotional right now and needs to calm down and get some perspective and see if another house at IU is right for her. No one should transfer schools based solely on wanting to be in a certain house for crying out loud.

By: No
#4  by: Lol   

Honestly, transferring for a sorority that you weren't even initiated to yet? My friends are at IU and rushed different sororities, you can just go through the rush process again like some people already mentioned. There's no use transferring just for the Greek life. Yeah, surely Illinois Greek life is good but we have other hobbies too..

By: Lol
#5  by: But   

Maybe you should focus on writing your application and sending it to Illinois first. You might not get into the school lol, so focus on the main thing before figuring out what sorority to rush 😂 Oh my, priorities

By: But
#6  by: Lol   

This, hands down, may be the funniest post I've ever read on greekrank.

By: Lol

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.