facebook

new sorority?

by: Extension

Let's get a new sorority?!

I'm thinking Alpha Delta Pi, Alpha Phi, Phi Mu or Delta Zeta...

Posted By: Extension
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 2
#11  by: Future   

Agree^^^

By: Future
#12  by: Z   

Zeta should be added back next

By: Z
by: ZtaApr 27, 2015 1:38:00 AM

They won't add them back because of what happened in the 80's

By: Zta
#13  by: what I heard   

I heard that we won't be open for another house until all our houses are thriving. The university is aware of this website and it was one example of how the older houses try to prevent newer houses from thriving. The university said they're not interested until we clean up our behavior. Sorry but it's true. My mom was told this by a person in the administration.

By: what I heard
by: wellMay 4, 2015 7:48:29 PM

Well it's true that this site and most attitudes that fuel it are horrible, but we're also not getting a new sorority because there are a bunch of new sorority houses on campus and they don't want to take a chance on not filling them when so much money is owed on them.

By: well
#14  by: Interesting   

This is interesting because EVERY single sorority at SMU is thriving and great...They ALL made quota and DG and AXO which are newer groups, have had the maximum number of pledges the last 4 years. Chio and AXO have had the highest GPA's for YEARS and DG, AXO , CHIO, GPHI and TRIDELT are by far the most involved sororities, with AXO having VP Student Senate and a majority of student senate seats, DG having the head of the program council on campus. GPHI and Tridelt are also super involved and all of the sororities have good sisterhoods and great things about them. There are many great choices out there depending on what you're looking for.

By: Interesting
by: TrueMay 3, 2015 9:23:21 PM

Above comment is so true. Depending on what you are looking for, one person's top tier is another person's bottom tier. If you are into sister hood and achievement you can't go wrong with any of the above sororities!

By: True
by: Huh?May 24, 2015 3:15:22 PM

DG is NOT a newer group. The SMU chapter was founded in 1926 and has been active ever since.

AXO is newer, founded in 1994. But neither here nor there since the chapter is doing great and a 21 year old chapter is definitely not "new".

By: Huh?
#15  by: All great   

Every sorority is great for the same reasons and for different reasons

By: All great
#16  by: agree   

I have heard that smu's rush is very cut throat (whether it is true or not I do not know) and this website does not help smu's or any other school for that matters image on how the greeks interact.

By: agree

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.