facebook

new sorority?

by: Extension

Let's get a new sorority?!

I'm thinking Alpha Delta Pi, Alpha Phi, Phi Mu or Delta Zeta...

Posted By: Extension
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: SouthernBellePride   

I'd vote ADPi or Phi Mu - both strong Southern chapters. Alpha Phi is a Northern sorority and Delta Zeta doesn't have a good reputation.

By: SouthernBellePride
by: ActuallyJan 20, 2015 5:10:45 PM

DZ has a pretty good reputation and I'd rather them be here than some smaller group

By: Actually
#2  by: truth   

A Phi has a terrible reputation, so does DZ. PM and ADP both just have a blah reputation of kind of bigger girls and kind of sad reps.

By: truth
by: Chelsea Dec 30, 2014 8:55:17 PM

Ehh no all 4 of those are good...

By: Chelsea
by: aboveFeb 24, 2015 1:04:32 AM

Nah. All four of those are not good nationally. IDK about your experience with ones you know, but they've all had many chapters close from lack of interest.

By: above
#3  by: really   

All 4 have good reps and are strong. Some still own houses here though.

By: really
#4  by: active   

we won't get a new house for at least another couple years as it has to be unanimously approved by all current chapters and many existing chapters would not be in favor.

By: active
by: KMJ95Jan 4, 2015 7:47:58 PM

why is that? why wouldn't anyone be in favor? we should want to grow greek life

By: KMJ95
by: BcJan 4, 2015 9:54:25 PM

There are certain chapters that don't believe that they would benefit from another chapter being added. I think most girls would like to see another chapter but our hands are tied by panhellenic rules and a few chapters.

By: Bc
by: not necessarilyJan 13, 2015 6:07:48 PM

International NPC rules just state that a majority have to approve the motion to open for expansion

By: not necessarily
by: truthMay 5, 2015 6:14:23 PM

We aren't getting any new sororities because there are some brand new very expensive sorority houses on campus and those sororities don't want to take a chance on not filling them when so much money is owed on them

By: truth
#5  by: hmmm   

I voted alpha phi, 2014 a phi won the category of "what most girls put down as preeference" very strong nationally just mainly in the north and west.

By: hmmm
#6  by: disagree   

we should add KD, it's the top chapter in the south

By: disagree
by: hJan 22, 2015 5:46:06 PM

in most of the south yes, but in Texas not so much

By: h
by: okbut....Apr 25, 2015 1:38:19 PM

Kd is still stronger than adpi dz or alpha phi in texas. Kd is a better fit and draw for the girls from out of state as well as in state than any of the others you named.

By: okbut....
#7  by: Non-Greek   

ADP and PM have already been kicked off campus

By: Non-Greek
#8  by: ?   

Why doesn't SMU have a ZTA?

By: ?
by: BecauseFeb 19, 2015 8:52:00 PM

They closed due to low numbers

By: Because
#9  by: ksfdj   

If any house were to join us on campus, it would be Zeta and ADPi. They both have houses on sorority row and it would be great if they came back.

By: ksfdj
by: FitzFeb 25, 2015 2:21:44 AM

True. Zeta has first right of refusal then ADPi.
They should both tear down their old houses and rebuild if they want to come on really strong. Old houses= bottom tier sororitys.

By: Fitz
#10  by: Tear down houses??   

What about tradition ? Those old houses are still beautiful

By: Tear down houses??

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.