facebook

Theta Chi fall off

by: Duh

Perhaps one of the best runs in RU fraternity history. They were a mix of the modern day rule-following chi psi but also party animals like chi phi.
So what actually happened?
Kid falls off stairs, drunk. Doesn’t get medical attention immediately. You know what, it’s really sad and unfortunate, but it’s not hazing nor should any brother be held liable. A literal freak incident that, because the boy wasn’t 21+, the fraternity becomes unrecognized for alcohol distribution to minors. But here’s where things misalign. The nationals support the guys because it is their house after all, and the school can not legally do so.
I get the organization wants to survive, but now they definitely are struggling to stay afloat. Will they lose the house? No, not unless they literally can’t fill the house due to poor recruitment. I wouldn’t rush them, and since parties get shut within 10 minutes, I doubt they’ll keep the brotherhood strong. House for rent fall ‘25, I suppose.

Posted By: Duh
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: My 2 cents   

Since there’s a lot of speculation about this, I will clear up as much as I can, in a legal perspective.

Firstly, Mr. Runte filed a lawsuit against OX and Rutgers. This means that OX and Rutgers are on the same team (the enemy of my enemy is my friend).

You are correct, Rutgers cannot legally back OX because they lost national recognition (which they didn’t actually- more on that). However, this doesn’t mean that Rutgers will testify against OX in court. If they testify, they are basically implicating themselves since they are also being sued.

The result - a cold case.

So, OX decided to revoke the chapter at Rutgers because, let’s be honest, the news is a bad look. However, they still decide who gets to live in the house and sign off on insurance, liabilities, etc. which is what the TOWN cares about. Houses are private property at the jurisdiction of the town and NOT Rutgers. Eventually, the case will be dismissed altogether, and the minute that occurs, nationals will reinstate the chapter and can maintain the house with letters without even being a member of IFC. They won’t lose the house.

By: My 2 cents
by: YeFeb 15, 2024 12:05:23 PM

They’ll just be another DKE

By: Ye

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.