facebook

how is dke?

by: ben

I am a Sophomore from a community college and am thinking about rushing this 2014 Spring Semester. Any suggestions at all? I am thinking of DKE because they have a nice new house and I heard the brothers are pretty chill and tough. I also here they throw some pretty good parties, but I am not really into partying hardcore but want a mixture of grades/academics and social life. I here there Rushing process/selection is rough also b.c. so many people are trying to join.

Posted By: ben
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Senior   

I would check out ZBT. ZBT is more popular than DKE, and is moving to a great new mansion at 34 Sicard next year. ZBT has good relations with a lot of sororities. Also, if you are worried about being overwhelmed, ZBT doesn't believe in a dual-class system, so no brother ever has to go through a demeaning period of pledging. Check out ZBT at 94 Easton, which is where they have rush events and a lot of ragers, too.

By: Senior
by: benJan 15, 2014 9:30:43 PM

Man you're on a mission lol.

By: ben
by: noFeb 2, 2014 11:39:25 PM

to the Jersey shore dude, i think you're talking about zeta psi lol

By: no
#2  by: PHI   

I know a bunch of brothers from DKE. They're pretty chill down to earth dudes for the most part. They have like 40 or 50 brothers but they just moved back into their house last semester so they're bound to blow now. Their house and bar setup is sick. I've been to most of their parties last semester and I always had a pretty good time.

But honestly dude, find out for yourself. A GDI like you should rush everywhere, rush DKE, rush TDX, rush OX, rush Chi Psi, rush even the places that people would advise you against. I know a bunch of guys in small fraternities with no houses that are perfectly happy where their are. Go out and explore. You have like 50 frats to choose from here in Rutgers. The important thing is that you go somewhere.

By: PHI
by: PHIJan 15, 2014 10:52:30 PM

Rush ZBT too. F--k it. Why not?

By: PHI
by: TauJan 22, 2014 3:02:37 PM

/\ That is the best advice that you will get from anyone n this website.

By: Tau
#3  by: What   

The deeks are super top tier

By: What
#4  by: Chill   

Wait you mean tke right. We throw harder bangers

By: Chill
#5  by: Honestly   

I know a couple brothers who are alright but a lot are really weird if u don't care about that then def rush but there better fraternities to rush. There parties are alright nothing special, been to a couple. Rush everywhere and go where feels right.

By: Honestly
#6  by: kidd   

"tough" lolz

By: kidd
#7  by: dboy   

started from the bottom now we're here

By: dboy
by: YesJan 25, 2014 3:53:48 PM

Started from the bottom ... still there

By: Yes
#8  by: Greek   

I suggest you check out all of the fraternities and see which one you like best. DKE has a nice house, but idk where you're getting your information from bc they don't have that many cool brothers, they don't throw good parties, they're definitively not 'tough' lol and they're not that much of a hot commodity that sooo many people are rushing them. They have the house but they're not much of anything at the moment. Same goes for ZBT. They're getting their new house but they're still nothing at the moment. The places to check out besides those two would be TDX, Sigma Chi, Kappa Sigma, Phi Tau and phi delta theta. Go to all of them and see which one you fit in with the most.

By: Greek
#9  by: Yes   

Don't rush a place just because of their nice house. With that being said I know a lot of brothers in fraternities with nice house and I think highly of them because of their brotherhood, not their house. Find a place with brothers that you fit in with. If you're looking for a partying group that's tough, it's not DKE. They have things they're good at but it's not what you've heard. I think you were misinformed. Rush as many places as possible and find a place like that if you can.

By: Yes
#10  by: yayaya   

you should check not just one fraternity but as many as you can. don't limit yourself to only one choice or you won't be happy. yes DKE has good parties but you shouldn't join a fraternity just based on greek rank ratings and how you hear about their parties. go look and talk to how brothers interact... don't rush zbt though.. you really won't ever find out who they truly are because they have no pledge process.. risky move and you probably won't be happy with that choice if you decide to accept into their frat. -Senior

By: yayaya

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.