facebook

is pledging neccessary?

by: Mike

So I have been interested in rushing a fraternity for a while now, and I was looking through this website to see what's out there, and pretty much I wanted someone to explain to me why pledging is so necessary? I am not very familiar with ZBT, but I know they don't have any pledging and are still a functional fraternity. It just seems ridiculous to have to do this process where you are demeaned, and then accept these people as brothers? Could someone explain to me why pledging is necessary to brotherhood?

Posted By: Mike
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: pledge pulvirizer    

Pledging is necessary because it fosters brotherhood and character among your pledges and selves throughout those several months. Fraternities have pledging because they want to add an element of exclusivity to it, where they can keep people in a limbo sort of state between being a brother and not. Pledging is good because by the end of it you're certain that everyone in the house wants you there and you feel a closer bond w. your brothers because of it.

And btw, not every fraternities pledge process is a ridiculous, demeaning trial of hazing. I know from first hand accounts that several newer, rising fraternities (Phi Psi, DKE, Kappa Sig, SAM, to name a few..) don't haze at all. Don't feel discourage because of the process, try a few out and see where it takes you.

By: pledge pulvirizer
#2  by: whatajoke   

Completely agree with what pledge pulvirizer has said. It's kind of essential to promote a feeling of worthiness and pride to your fraternity. And no offense, but ZBT is a joke to the Greek Community, everyone knows it...

Look at places like Sigma Chi, SigEp, Theta Chi, TDX, DKE (huge potential) is my opinion. This list has currently strong fraternities, and upcoming top-tier fraternities.

By: whatajoke
by: RU...GDIOct 22, 2013 10:16:34 PM

The fraternities mentioned above(Theta Chi, Sig Ep, TDX, SX and DKE) are the ones that usually get into serious trouble and eventually get shut down by their IHQ for RM issues or get kicked off campus by the administration. Either way, these fraternities are BAD NEWS!!! I would stay far away from them if possible.

By: RU...GDI
by: RU...GDIOct 22, 2013 10:16:36 PM

The fraternities mentioned above(Theta Chi, Sig Ep, TDX, SX and DKE) are the ones that usually get into serious trouble and eventually get shut down by their IHQ for RM issues or get kicked off campus by the administration. Either way, these fraternities are BAD NEWS!!! I would stay far away from them if possible.

By: RU...GDI
#3  by: areyoustupid   

SigEp has been on Rutgers the longest out of any fraternity without ever getting kicked off. Get your facts straight.

By: areyoustupid
#4  by: RU ALUMNI   

Sig Ep was out of operation for a brief time during the Mid 90's due to re-organization of members. Your National did not want to close your chapter , but was told by the School and IFC that they needed to cease operation while they restructured the whole chapter.

By: RU ALUMNI

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.