facebook

transferring as a junior and interested in rushing

by: Transferbaby

I'll be transferring from community college to wsu in fall of 2013, yeah I know I have a long time to figure things out but I'm trying to get a jump on things. I want to join a sorority but have heard it's a lot harder as a junior than it would be as a freshman or sophomore. Any thoughts or words of advice from ladies in a sorority or that have been through rush week?

Posted By: Transferbaby
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Honestly   

Meet the girls from ALL the chapters and see who you connect with. Informal recruitment is next semester or you could COR a house. There are positives to each house and the important thing is for you to feel at home there! Do not worry about being a junior either!

By: Honestly
#2  by: Transferbaby   

What is COR? I'm a noob:(

By: Transferbaby
#3  by: sorority girl   

COR is Continuous Open Recruitment. Basically houses that aren't at total (the set number that Panhellenic decides is the max amount of members you can have) after formal recruitment in the fall can do Continuous Open Recruitment throughout the entire year. It's a lot more casual.

As for wondering what house to join, do NOT listen to anything on this site! Most of it is posted by bitter people who do not know the actual women in the houses. Make the best decision for yourself after you meet them. I actually went through formal recruitment as a junior and I ended up in a house I love. :)

By: sorority girl
by: TransferbabySep 21, 2012 1:37:11 AM

That makes me feel so much better! I won't be making any choices until I get there but thank you for all the info! I realllllllly appreciate it:)

By: Transferbaby
#4  by: GreekPride   

Everything stated above is the most and only truthful thing listed on this site! Great advice!

By: GreekPride

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.