facebook

do juniors have a chance?

by: aboutjuniors

Be honest, how do sororities feel about Junior girls doing fall rush. Do they have less of a chance? Will being a junior hinder them?

Posted By: aboutjuniors
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: no   

I know girls that rushed as juniors, if the girls feel like you fit in you'll get a bid.

By: no
#2  by: Well   

Yes and no. Being a junior gives you an advantage because junior and seniors don't count towards the total number of girls a sorority can take. Basically they can take unlimited juniors and seniors. However, being a junior you have only 2 years to make an impact which is half of what freshman can offer. So you are less likely to get involved or take a position. Also juniors and seniors are more likely to have a friend group established outside the sorority; this isn't a bad thing but Greek life won't be your only life. Honestly though a sorority wants the best fit for them. So you really have to think about the sorority's brand and the type of girls in the chapter.

By: Well
by: GuestMar 1, 2015 11:02:45 PM

I went through as a junior and know that some houses immediately drop you because of you being a junior... You can still get a bid from some houses but unfortunately freshmen are always preferred :/

By: Guest
#3  by: um   

I would disagree, I rushed as a senior and I can say its the best decision I've made throughout my collegiate years. A sorority will accept you if they see potential in you and if you fit in with their purpose and values. Don't listen to what others have to say, if you really feel passionate about Greek life and the potential it has to offer you, then don't let anything or anyone stop you. Even if a sorority doesn't end up taking you, you will still make new friends (within your pi chi groups), get to experience what every chapter has to offer you, and walk out with an experience. Bottom line, yes it would be preferred to take a freshman or sophomore (but they won't not take you because you're an older girl)!

By: um

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.