facebook

informal recruitment fall 2014

by:    

Looking to do informal rush for fall 2014. Which sororities are participating and how does it work? I signed up for the mailing list. Not really sure of that's going to help or not

Posted By: Emily
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I am also interested in informal rush. At what point in the semester does rush usually occur? I'm not sure how it works either, can anyone provide some insight?

By: K
by: Greek   

If you're unsure that you will get contacted, definitely use the PHC website to contact either the recruitment chair or president of the chapters. They should be able to help you and tell you if they will be participating in informal.

By: Greek
#2by:    

I went through formal recruitment as a sophomore and it was a great decision! As far as informal rush most/all sororities don't know if they will do it yet. Informal rush would happen in the fall semester. A ton of girls went through formal recruitment so it really just depends on different factors. However, not every sorority (if any) will do informal. I STRONGLY recommend going through formal recruitment in January so you can get a feel for ALL of the sororities. Also for informal it helps to know a decent amount of girls in the chapter. So once again I recommend taking your first semester in Blacksburg to meet people and get to know the campus etc, and go through formal recruitment in January with everyone so you have the opportunity to meet girls in all 12 chapters! Don't take the ranks on this site serious either, all 12 chapters are great!

By: VTgreek
#3by:    

It's usually only if they already know of you that they will contact you (so knowing people in the sorority). I definitely recommend doing informal as an upperclassman as it is realistically 10x harder to rush as a sophomore doing formal recruitment and you will be much more limited in your options (unless you know a lot of people).

By: Real
by: Emily   

So do you think if any are doing informal, they will contact me if I'm not the email list even if I don't know any of them or probably not?

By: Emily
#4by:    

Which sororities will do informal rush depends on the average number of girls in all the sororities on campus. All of the chapters that have less girls than this average will do informal rush to bring up their numbers. I know personally for my chapter informal rush is by invitation of a member. So my advice would be to make friends who are in sororities and ask if they know if they will be doing informal. Whether or not they know yet, let them know that it is something you would definitely be interested in if they are doing it. Making connections with girls already involved in greek life is the best way to get an informal bid. Hope this helps!

By: B

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: E   

That really helps, thanks!

By: E

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.