facebook

fraternity reps ii

by: Honest Unbiased

Hey y'all! A friend of mine told me that everyone on here has been wanting me to make a new fraternities list. I'm flattered that y'all thought my old comments a few months ago were so great! I will make a new list under this thread in a few hours. This time I'll expand it to the top 15 or 20 fraternities and update my old comments. Please don't respond to this thread until after I post my list. Thanks and hope it helps!

Posted By: Honest Unbiased
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 4
#11  by: Honest Unbiased   

DTD-
Pros: They have the newest house on campus and just built a new (but small) party barn. They have a close brotherhood of nice boys and are trying hard to improve. I hear that they're actually going to be throwing some band parties this semester so that's a step in the right direction. They may be a lower-middle tier fraternity, but since their brothers care enough to make DTD better, I'm sure they'll rise up in the middle tier over time.

Cons: They have a very poor name at Auburn. Many fraternities, especially on new row, pick at them as the try-hard joke fraternity. Their house is new, but very small and allows very little room for growth in the fraternity. They don't have a good pull on girls and don't ever throw good parties. Yes, they're trying to improve but they have a lot of obstacles to climb.

This is another fraternity that I don't know much about how their rush is doing. I predict that they'll have a smaller pledge class but that's a step up from last year in quality.

Pledge here if you're looking to build a small fraternity up in the tiers and be in a tight brotherhood.

By: Honest Unbiased
#12  by: Honest Unbiased   

I hope the top 17 fraternities is enough. I don't know anything about the rest. Sorry if the 10 from the original list is a bit repetitive, I added as much as I could. Anyway, I hope this helps all of y'all! Good luck rushing and congrats to those that have taken bids!

By: Honest Unbiased
by: ILoveAuJul 23, 2014 9:53:55 AM

Great job again with this list! This is completely unbiased and very accurate! I definitely recommend that rushees read this.

By: ILoveAu
by: Thanks!Jul 23, 2014 10:59:08 AM

I assume that the order you listen them in is also the "ranking" of them?

By: Thanks!
by: HonestUnbiasedJul 24, 2014 9:44:46 PM

Yes, the order I listed is my personal ranking of them. However, no ranking is the set or true one. Everybody has their opinion and many opinions are different. The "ranking" is up to the individual.

By: HonestUnbiased
by: Amazing Job!Jul 28, 2014 5:03:10 AM

I agree with everything you said on this post, including the ranking order! You really did a great job here and topped your last list! Glad to see someone on greekrank being unbiased and giving quality information. Now if only someone could do that for the sororities...

By: Amazing Job!
by: All In!Aug 7, 2014 8:43:13 PM

Thanks for this perfect list! Agree with all of it!

By: All In!
#13  by: Nailed it   

Honestly, anyone in the Greek system would have a hard time arguing this. And I like the fact that you gave a pro and com because it gives rushees the opportunity to see the good and the bad.

By: Nailed it
#14  by: Great list   

You nailed the rankings along with the pros and cons. I doubt anyone would disagree with the lists and comments. Great job.

By: Great list
#15  by: Mostly Agree   

But for the record, a fraternity can't "live off its name" forever. This mostly applies to KA but a couple of others too. They can live off their name for a few years, but if they don't get it together they will fall out of the elite group. If good history alone could keep you relevant, Pike and Phi Delt would be relevant. KA needs to step it up in rush big time or their name will fade in a couple of years.

By: Mostly Agree
by: Girl's takeJul 24, 2014 4:48:12 PM

Here's my thoughts on KA in particular. I agree that their last few pledge classes have gotten worse every year and that they really need to step it up. However, KA I think is the only fraternity that can live for a long time off of their name. Guys and girls coming to Auburn have grown up hearing from their parents about how great KA has always been. This helps them get lots of rushees to events and pull freshman girls. I put them as one of the lesser top tier but it will still take a while for their bad pledge classes to push them out of top tier completely. A big name goes a long way.

By: Girl's take
by: DifferenceJul 24, 2014 9:12:49 PM

As much as I hate to admit it, KA can absolutely live off of their name. Phi Delt may have been good at one time at Auburn, but KA has a long reputation across the southeast. They have more financial backup than anyone. If they get into trouble they've got alumni that can get them out of about anything.

I guarantee you regardless of how bad people who hate KA, try to make other believe their quality of brothers is declining, girls and rushees will still flock there. That's the way it's always been

By: Difference
by: @DifferenceJul 24, 2014 9:31:13 PM

I can't tell if you're saying you think their brother quality is or don't declining? If you're saying they are, you're correct. Otherwise, you're incorrect. For the first time in forever, people around Auburn, even too sororities, are noticing how KA is sucking it up. I don't hate them either. I was a KA double legacy the held my bid and went elsewhere because they just weren't up to par with the stories my dad had always told me. It sucks, but they need to get their heads straight or else more guys like me will realize this and pledge elsewhere.

By: @Difference
#16  by: stand together   

all in

By: stand together
#17  by: Love this!   

Spot on and well thought out. Great work!

By: Love this!
#18  by: Bump   

This

By: Bump
#19  by: bumper   

bump

By: bumper
#20  by: WTF   

Who is this bumper?!

By: WTF

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.