facebook

fraternity reps ii

by: Honest Unbiased

Hey y'all! A friend of mine told me that everyone on here has been wanting me to make a new fraternities list. I'm flattered that y'all thought my old comments a few months ago were so great! I will make a new list under this thread in a few hours. This time I'll expand it to the top 15 or 20 fraternities and update my old comments. Please don't respond to this thread until after I post my list. Thanks and hope it helps!

Posted By: Honest Unbiased
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 4
#1  by: Honest Unbiased   

FIJI-
Pros: Girls love them. The brothers are nice, well-rounded gentlemen and are very attractive. They have great financial backing from alumni and have one of the best names on campus. Also, opportunities after college are endless for Fijis.

Cons: They don't have the best social life. They don't throw many parties and other than "Fiji Island," none of them are very fun. Fiji is also way too big. They have so many brothers that it's hard for them to have even a decent brotherhood.

Rush for them has been going extremely well as usual. They've filled up a lot in numbers, yet, they're still saving room in their large pledge class for the rest of rush. From what I've seen and heard, their pledge class is mostly filled with good guys that will keep the Fiji name going strong.

Pledge here if you're looking to get girls easily and have a great job after college.

By: Honest Unbiased
#2  by: Honest Unbiased   

KA-
Pros: They own one of the nicest houses that definitely rivals that of Theta Chi. Easily have the best name on campus due to a history of success at Auburn. The name "KA" helps them pull lots of beautiful girls from all of the top tier sororities. Due to their great history, they also have one of the best alumni financial backings that allows them to pay for just about whatever they want. They're also known for being 'southern' which goes a long way for them in a southern university like Auburn. They also seem to have a pretty decent brotherhood that goes out with each other a lot.

Cons: Even with all of that money, their social life is the poorest of the elite fraternities. Their parties are few and far between. The band parties tend to be chill, acoustic parties with smaller tournouts (likely due to their refusal to pay for big rap artists). Their pull of girls also slowly declines after freshman year because the girls begin to realize that their brothers aren't as great as their name portrays. Lastly, they seem to be on the decline and are relying on their name; their recruitment bringing in worse pledge classes over the past few years.

by: Honest UnbiasedJul 23, 2014 3:35:54 AM

KA (Cont.)-
KA was the first fraternity to hit their pledge class max this summer. Many are calling shotgun bidding on them. However, that's not necessarily true. They have large rushee attendance at their events allowing them to give lots of bids at each event. The problem is who they are bidding. According to myself and many girls that have been to their summer events, a lot of their bids have been questionable for top tier standards. It seems they mostly only bid legacies and guys with connections to KA despite the quality of the rushees. We'll let everyone judge come fall but right now it's looking like another subpar KA class.

Pledge here if you're looking for a southern fraternity with a good brotherhood and easy access to pretty girls early in college.

#3  by: Honest Unbiased   

THETA CHI-
Pros: Definitely the quickest rising fraternity on campus. They own the biggest and nicest house which probably kick started their trend up years back. Top tier girls are quickly noticing how fun and attractive their most recent couple of pledge classes are, and they get better with each year. They also throw more parties than anyone and throw some of the best parties along with Sigma Nu. Finally, they're always hanging out at their house every day and seem to be a very close brotherhood.

Cons: You either love or you hate Theta Chi, and they're nowhere short of their fair share of haters. They have one of the worst relations with other fraternities. This is due to them attacking/pranking other houses, fighting rival fraternities, and because other top houses don't like their fast rise to the top tier group. In general, their brothers can be douche bags, reckless, and classless.

It seems they've come out to make a statement in rush this year. They're apparently killing it in numbers and quality on an elite level. No, they're not doing better than the other top tiers, but the fact that they're keeping up and doing just as good as the elite fraternities says a lot for Theta Chi. Judgement will be made once everyone moves back to Auburn, but if they get another very strong pledge class this year then maybe they'll finally get the recognition they deserve.

Pledge here if you're looking for a rising fraternity, tons of great parties, and a close-knit brotherhood.

#4  by: Honest Unbiased   

LAMBDA CHI-
Pros: Their house is located on a great spot downtown giving easy access to the bars. They save up for one big named artist to play each semester that tends to be a hit. They're back on the rise after a 2 year probation. Their freshman class last year was very good with attractive and fun guys; hopefully it'll start a trend and they'll bring in a solid class this year.

Cons: Though their freshman class is pretty great, the majority of their brothers are weird and really douchey. They recently absorbed Sigma Chi's freshman class after they got kicked off campus, which accounts for most of the reason they had a great spring class. This has given them the bad nickname/rep as "Lambda Sigma Chi" which doesn't help their cause to make a push back to the top. They also are pretty disliked by most of the other fraternities due to how their brothers act like arrogant douche bags downtown and because they generally have a bad attitude to other houses. They also don't have the best pull on the top tier sororities like some of the other top tier fraternities.

People saw this summer's rush to be very hit or miss for LXA. They decided to make it hit and it looks like they have a pretty good class coming in. Numbers wise, they're progressing steadily but not at the pace of the elite fraternities. However, word is that the quality of their pledge class so far meets top tier standards. If all continues to go well for them, they might end with a very successful rush this year.

by: Honest UnbiasedJul 23, 2014 3:45:05 AM

LAMBDA CHI (Cont.)-
Pledge here if you're looking for a rising fraternity with a solid social life and a cool house in downtown Auburn.

by: SteelJul 31, 2014 1:48:59 AM

Lambda chis give themselves more credit than they deserve. They're decent, but they're a shell of what they used to be. Desperate for brothers to regain their old status when all they are doing is recruiting total tools

By: Steel
#5  by: Honest Unbiased   

SIGMA PI-
Pros: A fraternity rising at a steady rate. They have a pretty cool house on old row. Their parties are very few, but like Lambda Chi, they always save up for one very big named artist each semester; those parties tend to be really big and a lot of fun. They're also a bit smaller in number which gives them a close brotherhood.

Cons: Their name still isn't that big yet. Because of this, their pledge classes tend to be of average quality, and they don't have a very big pull on the top tier sororities or Auburn's better looking girls. They also don't have as much money as other big fraternities after that big party barn they just built, so they can be limited to what they do.

Numbers wise, I hear they are doing better than they usually do during rush. The quality of their pledge class I can't attest to so we'll just have to see for ourselves in the fall. However, I have heard that they're of slightly better quality but looking mostly like a standard Sigma Pi pledge class.

Pledge here if you're looking for a medium sized fraternity that's on the rise with a great brotherhood.

#6  by: Honest Unbiased   

FARMHOUSE-
Pros: With FH, you see what you get. These guys are very well-rounded, classy, and by far the most involved fraternity at Auburn. It's a strongly Christian based fraternity. They have a decent pull on the "goody two shoes" crowd from a few of the top sororities.

Cons: They are without a doubt the most hated on fraternity at Auburn. This comes with their non-greek letters, preppy attitude, and the fact that they don't party or drink at their house, like at all. FH is basically the go-to house for other fraternities to pick on. Like I said, they throw zero parties, making their social life non-existent.

Their rush is going slower than usual this year but that doesn't say much. They're always very slow to pick up numbers in the first half of summer but it picks up heavily in July/August. They'll still get their 30+ numbers but it will be your standard Farmhouse-type pledge class.

Pledge here if you're looking for a Christian-based fraternity with strong involvement.

by: Ummm Jul 25, 2014 10:19:21 AM

ATO should be above FH

By: Ummm
by: @UmmmJul 25, 2014 11:39:43 AM

It's all a matter of opinion. Some see FH better, some see ATO better. Both are very involved and both of terrible social lives. ATO is slightly more fun and FH has a slightly better house, but they both too similar and can be ranked interchangeably.

By: @Ummm
#7  by: Honest Unbiased   

ATO-
Pros: They are a decent fraternity that has very good involvement on campus, great grades, and some pull on the goody good top tier sororities like Chi O and Alpha Gam. They have a solid foot in SGA and IFC, which really helps them get good football seating and have a word on what happens around campus. Like Fiji, they have good connections for jobs after college.

Cons: They're basically a much lesser version of Fiji. Their brothers aren't very attractive and therefor they are more in the friend zone with the top tier girls they bring in. They notoriously have one of the worst, if not THE worst, fraternity house in Auburn. Their social life is virtually non-existent - never have any house parties or big parties in general; socials are about all they do. Their brothers, though smart, are pretty weird and the fraternity has a poor financial base.

ATO's rush has apparently been pretty standard for them. They're getting numbers at a steady pace and getting mostly average quality guys that fit ATO's persona. I don't expect them to have much of an improvement or decline in their pledge class this year.

Pledge here if you're looking to be involved on campus and have a great job after college.

#8  by: Honest Unbiased   

Phi Tau-
Pros: This is a good middle tier fraternity with decent all around qualities. The brothers here are very nice and more on the involved side, yet, they still like to have fun and party some. Parties here don't hold a candle to top fraternity standards but can be very fun for a smaller fraternity. They seem to get better classes with each year so it's safe to say Phi Tau is on the rise, slowly but steadily.

Cons: They've never firmly established themselves at Auburn, so there's no good alumni backing or reputation to help them out. As nice as their brothers are, they're pretty weird and can't pull any top tier sororities. You don't ever hear of a big party or big-named band playing here either. Without a large budget, they can't afford to do much.

I hear their rush is going pretty well for them. They don't ever do well in the first half of summer but it's been picking up in July and they're doing good in numbers (by smaller fraternity standards).

Pledge here if you're looking for an involved fraternity with good guys and the potential to grow.

by: Phi TauAug 1, 2014 11:10:14 AM

I think 2 years ago the sweetheart was an AGD so even if their mostly aren't top tier girls at Phi Tau there are definitely some.

By: Phi Tau
#9  by: Honest Unbiased   

AGR-
Pros: This is another fraternity where you see what you get. They're on the total opposite end of the spectrum from Farmhouse. At AGR, you'll find extremely southern good ole boys that like to drink a lot. They mostly major in agriculture and forestry so you'll find tons of farmers and hunters with big trucks here. Overall, I'd say people very them as laid back boys that are fun to hang with.

Cons: Like you'd expect from these guys, they don't really care what you think of them or where their fraternity goes. This results in a run down house and a fraternity that's never going to rise into a top tier. Their parties aren't anything special and you can always expect them to blackout before midnight because they drink so insanely hard. It's basically a fraternity that's not going anywhere.

I don't know how their rush is going, but I guarantee that it will just be a standard AGR pledge class that's average in number and filled with rednecks.

Pledge here if you're looking to drink a lot, be a farmer, and join a very southern fraternity.

#10  by: Honest Unbiased   

DELTA SIG-
Pros: They seem to be getting their act together and improving. Last year's pledge class broke the trend of absolutely terrible pledge classes so it looks like they're going in the right direction. They're throwing more parties and have a somewhat nice house to host them at. I'd say they're starting to rise slowly as a fraternity.

Cons: Their house a lot of times goes unnoticed because it is swamped by it's large neighbor, Theta Chi, and it is shielded by some vegetation. Their parties never really get that big and it's hard for them to host even a decent party on weekends when Theta Chi and Beta are next door taking the crowds. They also don't pull any top sororities or many average sororities due to their brothers being pretty odd.

Rush is going good for them. Apparently, (for their standards) they're recruiting some better quality guys and are progressing better this year in numbers.

Pledge here if you're looking for a smaller rising fraternity with a somewhat decent social life.

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.