facebook

top fraternities

by: Rush

I want to rush and be in one of the top fraternities that hang out with the top sororities, but I'm from out of state. What are differences between Phi Psi, TKE, and Sigma Chi? Reputations, grades, etc.

Posted By: Rush
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: reps   

Phi Psi is very flashy with their money, and in no way would you consider then humble. They're really fun, and dressy classy but at the end of the day they have a poor brotherhood and will let everyone in because more members equals more dues, and money is what they like.

TKE is very athletic, and not a stereotypical fraternity. They're a very northern version of greek life, not gentlemen but rage really hard. It more likely you'll see them wearing a lax pinny than Brooks Brothers. But they have a fairly good brotherhood.

SigChi is not "top tier" anymore, while they have the reputation of being "top tier" at OSU theyve really fallen because of the membership review, and they're doing really poorly at rebuilding.

Honestly go where you like the brotherhood and the atmosphere because chapters at OSU are constantly rising and falling, and for whatever reason the administration for the Greek system is really gunning for the "top tier" fraternities. You'd be happier in the long run joining a brotherhood that you like than one you're possibly unhappy with and then being kicked off and getting way less out of it. If the top tier had more than two options and you wanted the lifestyle I'd say "Go for it!" but you choices are really limited right now.

By: reps
#2  by: Yup   

Written by a TKE which is known as the poor man's Phi Psi

By: Yup
by: EhhSep 11, 2013 11:08:08 AM

Only real comparison between Phi Psi and TKE is they're both top houses, that's really where their similarities end.

If you're looking for a poor man's Phi Psi, it's Delt.

By: Ehh
by: Top TierSep 11, 2013 1:30:35 PM

These top tier fraternities do not accept "anyone".

For instance, Phi Psi only took a huge class Spring Semester because they were graduating a large senior class. My friend in Phi Psi said pre-rush they were only giving 10 bids at most. Haven't talked to him since but I heard they may have even given out less.

I'm sure they'll be "less selective" with the Spring 2014 class but don't expect another 40+ pledge class or an automatic bid for showing up to all the events.

By: Top Tier
by: noSep 11, 2013 1:35:18 PM

phi psi did their pledge presentation and i wasnt impressed, there were a ton of guys, socks with sperrys, heavy set kids in old ralph lauren... the level of desperation and auto-bid was obvious

By: no
by: HaSep 11, 2013 1:47:22 PM

Delt is the poor/worse version of phi psi. Kappa Sig is the poor/way way worse version of TKE

By: Ha
by: DumbSep 11, 2013 2:17:02 PM

You may need your eyes checked if you don't think there aren't a lot of hot guys in phi psi's spring class.

By: Dumb
by: re: DumbSep 11, 2013 3:14:47 PM

or you might want to go to school with real greek life or actually come from somewhere that has money, if you had anything worth something you could see the same things "no" is talking about. The amount of time I've sat in class and seen a guy with wrinkly dirty old clothes, and then had him wear a phi psi shirt later that week. its honestly embarassing to your greek system

By: re: Dumb
#3  by: Most    

People rush the top fraternities, so it's bs that everyone says they accept everyone. For instance sigma chi, phi psi, and TKE probably had 100 to 150 guys rush them so of course they will have big classes. A lot of guys don't get in.

By: Most
by: ahahaSep 11, 2013 2:40:34 PM

who keeps putting sigchi in this list? theyre terrible right now

By: ahaha
by: NO WAYSep 11, 2013 4:05:07 PM

Yes, SX fraternity is in a disarray. I would not even consider them a great bortherhood. More like a train wreck.

By: NO WAY
#4  by: Diff   

Phi Psi is more of a wealthy, "classy", traditional fraternity. TKE is a little bit more bro/TFM. These are obviously both stereotypes but I guess the easiest way to describe them quickly. TKE seems to have a larger gamut of different types of people than most other frats so theyre a little harder to define. Both phi psi and tke are the only ones worth joining

By: Diff
#5  by: lol   

"Top Tier" is such a stupid distinction. You should join a fraternity based on whether you align with its values and whether you fit in well with the current guys in it. No one with half a brain cares if you're in TKE or Phi Psi any more than if you're in a different fraternity. Grow up, people.

By: lol
by: TellSep 11, 2013 9:02:37 PM

everything that you just said to the Top 6 sororities and get back to me if being top tier matters at all.

By: Tell
by: ^^Sep 16, 2013 2:00:38 AM

yeah i mean theres a couple hot girls in every sorority, except probably AOPi, and they all have fun girls to, so if you have game and dont need to rely on pure numbers to get laid, it doesnt even matter if youre in a frat the the top sororities like. also you can meet girls from big ones during gw/hc and become friends and hang out with the sisters at unregistered events too if youre even semi able totalk to girls

By: ^^
#6  by: No one   

Who is in Top Tier is going to respond to this. You are going to mostly just get a lot of negative comments from guys who are either jealous, or didnt get a bid, or are just offended that you only mentioned those fraternities in regards to who you want to rush. Visit everywhere and find out where you feel like you will fit in. I can go ahead and tell you a lot of guys will be rushing both TKE and Phi Psi and its going to be kind of difficult to get a bid since they can afford to be extra selective since they don't have to compete with Sammy or TKE. A lot of fraternities dislike both TKE and Phi Psi a lot and it will show on this forum. I went through formal and I like that we aren't allowed to talk crap about other sororities during recruitment because it becomes so petty if we were allowed to. Guys do not have that rule so when you visit other houses ignore negative comments about other fraternities. My response to Lol is yes just because they are Phi Psi or TKE doesn't mean they necessarily easier but we have multiple events with those two fraternities so they would have more opportunities.

By: No one
#7  by: Honestly   

Evan Scholars is on the rise tho

By: Honestly
#8  by: APhi   

I may be biased but I think TKEs brotherhood considering the size of the frat is much better than some other larger frats.

By: APhi
#9  by: tho   

tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho tho

By: tho

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.