facebook

a

by: Pnm

How easy/common is it to get black listed from a sorority and ruin your chances before recruitment?

Posted By: Pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Well   

My sorority doesn't have an actual blacklist, but if you do something to offend someone we're not gonna let you into our chapter... We share our past experiences with girls when we vote, and we're not about to vote in someone who has done something crazy to a sister.

By: Well
#2  by: very   

Very easy. I'm in a top 2 or 3 sorority and I've personally already blacklisted 3 girls.

By: very
#3  by: Guest   

there is no blacklist exactly, but if you were crazy in high school or during first semester and there is proof, we won't let you in

By: Guest
#4  by: well   

An incoming PNM from a high school near mine had met my friend (who is at miami in a dif chapter) over the summer at work. They became sort of friends, and would text occasionally. Eventually, my friend found out that the PNM had been badmouthing her in a BIG way to a friend they had in common-- just immature, unnecessary behavior. So, when rush came about, and they voted on this PNM, my friend voiced her opinion--this girl would not be a good sister, and her sorority sisters heard that, and didn't invite her back.

There was no list, no secret dramatic process-- she just said what had happened, and her sisters listened because they care about her and the girls sounded like she would cause issues in their chapter. That's all. PNMs tend to think of rush as this mysterious process (and yeah, it kind of is) but it's all just a bunch of girls your age making a decision. There is no magic formula, we just decide if you would be a good fit or not. Is she friendly? Is she cute? Would we want to be friends with her? Is she smart? Does she care about school? Would we want to call her a sister?

That's it.

By: well
#5  by: Ok   

^ That may be true for some, but we have an actual blacklist. It's not called a "blacklist", per say, but it's definitely a pre-established list. Though it doesn't necessarily mean that the girl is automatically cut, it's announced that she's on that list when we vote on her. And then she gets cut.

By: Ok
#6  by: Blacklisted   

Theta, Kappa, and KD all have blacklists.

By: Blacklisted
by: NahNov 29, 2014 6:13:28 PM

Not true

By: Nah
by: FalseNov 30, 2014 11:45:40 AM

I'm in one of these mentioned sororoties and this is not true.

By: False
#7  by: DG   

DG has outwardly talked about theirs and the girls on it

By: DG
#8  by: well   

I think most if not every house does it in their own way. If someone doesn't like you it will be hard to get in.

By: well
#9  by: .   

I know in my sorority we can go talk to the president or vp of membership (recruitment chair) about certain girls and why we have problems with them and it affects the decision but there's no "blacklist" of girls we don't want. At least not before recruitment. There are way too many girls rushing to pay that much attention to one single person.

By: .
by: yupDec 1, 2014 4:27:36 PM

100% this, my sorority works similarly.

By: yup
#10  by: Guest   

DG is the only sorority everyone knows hands down has a blacklist. They're pretty open about it, even to freshmen. If theta, pi phi, or alpha phi have one they're all much quieter about it.

By: Guest

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.