facebook

sorority pageants

by: GreekLife

This message is intended to every sorority which eventually holds a pageant once every year or once every semester...honestly nobody likes your pageant. Do you really think it's fun to do the same thing EVERY other sorority did to raise money for their fund? Being a member of a fraternity I find it extremely boring, repetitive and uncreative. Fraternities have to come up with new ideas and events to raise awareness for their cause but why do sororities just hold a small pageant and then let most of the funding come from fraternity members that are trying to win an award to basically get more "cool" points in the university for winning? Yeah they care about the cause and so do I but please be more creative. Not even getting into how it creates competition and rivalries in greek life instead of working together for the cause. It's all politics and stupid and makes Greek Life look like a big Miss Universe Pageant. Opinions?

Posted By: GreekLife
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: RIGHT!!   

I completely agree! Pageants are immature, boring and make greek life look bad.

By: RIGHT!!
#2  by: Yup   

im in a sorority and i share this sentiment.

By: Yup
#3  by: Lol   

Yet all you fraternity men only raise the amount of money you raise from US SORORITY WOMEN competing for the title.

By: Lol
by: ListenMay 29, 2015 1:04:37 AM

We aren't complaining about you girls, just the events you hold. I know you put in a lot of time planning it and everything, but doing it in a purely pageant style which is done by all of the sororities is not fun. Change it up a lil and do other fun events that we can compete against one another. There's nothing wrong about competing for a title from either gender, it's just the title would be more appreciated if it was fun but hard to obtain. There's also the issue that pageants by and large is rigged from the get go to favor one fraternity above the others

By: Listen
by: YeahMay 30, 2015 6:43:23 PM

Yeah, what Listen said

By: Yeah
#4  by: uh   

Honestly, every sorority in every school basically has their own pageant. It's just a thing that they do for whatever reasons and it isn't just an fiu thing. Like it or not, it raises money and it's not like its the only thing they do, they have other events too.

By: uh

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.