facebook

rushing

by: anonymous

Do you think it is as worth it to rush a sorority as a sophomore? Or does it suck to be in a pledge class with mostly younger girls and the benefits of being in one not matter as much?

Posted By: anonymous
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: PI   

I know tons of girls who rushed soph year and they wound up in all different chapters. It is worth it, but cuts can still be harsh. You you for sure have to be extra open minded. Also it helps to show that while you haven't been in Greek life you have Been involved in other things on campus.

By: PI
#2  by: Definitely   

PI is right, I know girls that have re-rushed as sophomores and gotten all new chapters asking them back. BUT I also know girls who got back the exact same chapters and the same bid. Look at why you may not have gotten the chapters you wanted in the first place and try to be open minded the second time around. The system usually works.

Did you write off a group just because of their reputation? Are involved on campus? Is your GPA decent? Did you come off as obsessed with boys and parties in the rooms?

If you're going to rush a second time, make sure you're making some positive changes or you will end up in the same groups. And if you do go through recruitment again, accept the bid and try it out. Always accept the bid, and drop if later you are unhappy.

By: Definitely
#3  by: experience    

I don't think she's asking about the rush process as a sophomore, but rather what it's like to be in a pledge class that is mostly younger than you. I rushed as a sophomore and I'll be honest at first it was a little awkward feeling like I was older than most of the girls around me. I quickly realized though that there were plenty of sophomore in my pledge class and it was easy to make friends with the pledge class above me. Also just because they're a year younger doesn't mean they can't make great friends! So long story short in the beginning it was a little awkward but ended up being awesome and worth it. I hardly notice I'm older than my pledge class! Also I've heard it's always a tad bit awkward in the beginning regardless, you don't know anyone! Also as far as the rush process goes I can't speak for other sophomores that rushed but I felt as if it made rush a lot easier and less stressful. I had a friend in almost every room, which was comforting, and plenty of conversation topics. Maybe the cuts can be brutal, but that certainly doesn't mean you 100% won't end up where you want to, I ended up where I wanted so I wouldn't be too worried about it. GOOD LUCK!!

By: experience
by: anonymousMar 9, 2014 3:36:10 PM

Thankyou^ that is what I was asking I did not rush this year but want to rush as a sophmore and you just made me feel a lot better about it thanks!

By: anonymous

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.