by: TimesRChanging

KD/ChiO/Phi Mu
DG/PiPhi
DDD/Zeta/ADPi

Posted By: TimesRChanging
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: .   

This is a very tired topic. Everyone has a different opinion, and yours is not shared by many other people at all.

By: .
by: StillNov 21, 2014 8:46:57 PM

Late November and this is still true

By: Still
#2  by: Lol   

No.

By: Lol
#3  by: Yep...   

Sounds accurate to me!

By: Yep...
by: aw!Oct 26, 2014 5:08:12 PM

Then your a Phi Mu or Pi Phi because no one else thinks that!

By: aw!
by: YesNov 23, 2014 6:51:27 AM

Mom, get off the computer and quit talking bad about phi mu or pi phi

By: Yes
#4  by: @aw   

I'm not anything you need to worry about. I'll make my own observations. Most high school senior girls potentially rushing next year rank the sororities the way they are listed above. Sorry if YOU ARE upset. I pay attention to statements made by these girls. Nothing wrong with stating the truth.

By: @aw
by: NopeOct 26, 2014 9:47:28 PM

The only current high school seniors who might rank this way are from Madison Central, the coast or Meridian. No senior from Jackson, Tupelo, Hattiesburg, MS Delta towns or Memphis would but Phi Mu in the top 3.

The large majority of high school girls see KD, Chi O and DG as the top groups.

By: Nope
#5  by: ????   

The rankings have been and will be:
XO/KD/DG
Phi Mu/DDD
Zeta/Pi Phi
ADPi

And will continue to be this unless something MAJOR happens or after multiple YEARS of changes, none of which has happened right now. Phi Mu could move up and Zeta could move up once Kappa gets here.

By: ????
#6  by: KD Lady   

I'm from a big high school in MS and this is what all of my friends and I thought coming through:
KD, Chi O, and DG are the top groups. All of our friends end up here and we all went one of these 3. They are the most involved, win the most, and have very long standing reps for being best of the best. (In reply to above, I think some people see DG as lower because of elections, but that's recent thought and I still loved them during rush and had close friends pledge there).
Phi Mu and DDD are middle because they are both involved and get a lot of awesome girls. Phi Mu is really popular and wins a lot too and definitely puts on a good rush, but I wouldn't put them on the same level as the other 3 right now.
Zeta and Pi Phi are both improving and do exceptionally well with OOS girls because of strong national rep. However, not many MS/Memphis girls go in aiming for these groups.
ADPi hasn't really been here long enough, but they need to work hard to pass anyone. The addition of Kappa will help everyone out and is very exciting for our greek system!

By: KD Lady
by: OOS @KD LadyOct 27, 2014 11:42:33 AM

I think what you say is pretty accurate for girls from Mississippi, at least for the top 3 groups. I'm hearing a little different opinion about the order of the rest of the groups from most of my Mississippi friends. But, it's interesting how the perceptions among the oos girls is often very different depending on where we're from. I knew I wanted either ZTA or DDD (though there are some good CHiO and PiPhi chapters in my state). So, I loved those groups during recruitment. Phi Mu, KD and ADPi are not strong in my state, though I went to the Phi Mu and KD parties through theme night and thought they were very nice girls. I think it's a wonderful thing that more oos girls are coming to MSU and bringing diverse perspectives. It will only strengthen all the chapters and help the Greek system!

By: OOS @KD Lady
by: @KD LadyOct 29, 2014 9:43:54 AM

I only have a reply about the OOS comment.

ZTA and Pi Phi are NOT the same when it comes to OOS girls. Yes, they are both strong Nationally, but Pi Phi got 51 out of their 84 girls from Mississippi this pledge class.. ZTA only got 28. Yes chapters like DG are getting 70 from MS, but ZTA can't compete.

By: @KD Lady
by: What????Nov 21, 2014 11:41:13 PM

I don't understand what the poster above meant when they said ZTA can't compete. It seems this was a conclusion made because more of their pledge class was OOS girls. I don't think ZTA hides the fact at all that they pursue strong OOS girls. They have been very successful over the past few years with that strategy. In what way does that mean they "can't compete"? They do have some great Mississippi girls btw, but why would they favor someone from Jackson over someone from Atlanta or Dallas? Just because they're from Mississippi. That can't possibly be what you meant because that doesn't make sense.

By: What????
by: @What?!?!Nov 22, 2014 10:55:44 AM

I think @KD Lady meant that ZTA can't compete for Mississippi girls. It is probably a Pi Phi that doesn't like being put on the same level as ZTA. Pi Phi is doing better as far as Mississippi girls goes solely because they pledging more of them. You have to admit, the top chapters are consistently better because of the top in-state girls.

By: @What?!?!
by: GAGirlNov 22, 2014 11:53:57 AM

I can't believe that this stereotype still persists. I love this school and don't regret my choice to be here, but I am insulted by the perception that Mississippi girls are preferable to those of us from another state. I'm in what most of you consider a top tier group and I am glad to say I've never really experienced this prejudice, so I'm assuming (and praying) you're not in my chapter. Your assumption that Pi Phi is doing better simply because they are able to pledge more girls from Mississippi has no basis in reality. I say kudos to ZTA - and even to DDD - for seeking out OOS girls and recognizing the qualities they can contribute to their chapter. There were some exceptional girls from my area that ZTA was able to snag this year. And to say that Pi Phi took exception to being considered on the same level as ZTA is amusing. Pi Phi has done well recently, but so have ZTA and DDD. Most people still consider them both ahead of Pi Phi.

By: GAGirl
#7  by: Yes   

Phi mu is far better than dg in most categories. I'm not from the coast meridian or madison.

By: Yes
#8  by: MSU   

Yes I agree. Dg looks good at rush but the Greek system doesn't respect their tactics. Also, they had some weird pledges this year.

By: MSU
#9  by: FYI   

For the sake of transparency, two people posted back to back that Phi Mu actually is top 3 (specifically calling out DG) and in roughly the same time frame, KD, DG, and XO got bad rankings and Phi Mu got a stellar one "from a HS senior."

By: FYI
by: OhOct 27, 2014 2:24:19 PM

Oh my, you've been on this website too long. Quit stalking and analyzing greek rank and go to class for goodness sake!

By: Oh
by: @OhOct 27, 2014 3:35:25 PM

It doesn't take a genius to make that observation. When rankings are within minutes of each other it is obvious that the same person made them and I would bet money that it wasn't a high school senior. Very few seniors are brash enough to make those ridiculous comments. It's just another case of Phi Mu making themselves look bad and more proof of why they are not respected on campus.

By: @Oh
by: ReallyNov 23, 2014 6:47:27 PM

Mom get off the computer! Quit bashing phi mu to make dg look better!

By: Really
by: Really reallyNov 23, 2014 8:51:53 PM

Phi Mu, get off the computer and quit bringing other sororities into these comments to divert attention from you. It's a fact those ranks were posted, if you don't like someone bringing it up then make an announcement Monday night in chapter and tell your girls to calm down.

By: Really really
by: Chi oNov 29, 2014 12:26:44 PM

Please for the love of owls, tell your mom, your sorority sisters, and anyone else to losen up and enjoy life and quit worrying about if someone is a pi phi, phi mu or KD. You continually feel like getting the last word in on this tired arguement. If you say anything else, we will know you hate when any other sorority comments or calls you out.

By: Chi o
#10  by: @FYI   

What's your point except to say that you have a stop watch, a pen and paper to keep up with tabulations, and a huge amount of time on your hands. I went back and looked at what you pin pointed. There is lots of time between the postings. You like to dream up scenarios. Maybe you need to lay off watching CSI episodes. You are way into conspiracy theories. Before you rant that I'm a phi mu, I can assure you I'm not. I just don't like a self righteous jealous sorority member jumping onto some, until there is proof otherwise, innocent poster. Come on, I'm sure KD is doing just fine in their rankings.

By: @FYI

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.