facebook

gpa

by: Jw

At ole miss I know having a 3.0 won't get u cut from houses, what about here?

Posted By: Jw
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Jw   

And do they look at weighted

By: Jw
#2  by: @jw   

Some chapters at Ole Miss and State cut below a 3.2 GPA. It all depends on how much each house is wanting to improve their overall GPA. Also remember that cuts strictly for grades is typically done after the first round but more cuts occur after other rounds based on how well the sorority girls connect with you.

By: @jw
#3  by: uh   

Only the bottom houses will accept girls around a 3.0 or below a 3.0 at State and Ole Miss. Very rarely exceptions are made, but for the most part here Xo, DG, KD, and probably Phi Mu will cut you below a 3.2.

By: uh
#4  by: active   

I had below a 3.0 when I rushed last year. XO, DG, and KD cut me after first round. However, I'm very happy with my sorority. Just go through rush and keep an open mind.

By: active
#5  by: To reiterate   

with everyone else's statements: XO, DG, and KD are the most strict about grades. VERY FEW girls are offered bids to those groups with below a 3.2. Phi Mu is a bit more open to girls with around a 3.0 if you fit in with their kind of girl. Every house is a very case by case basis.

By: To reiterate
#6  by: Grades   

Each house has a board that tells you what GPA PNM must have to become a part of their house (usually a 2.8-3.2) as well as a GPA active members must maintain to remain in good standing. You will be shown that board as you are taken on the room tour.

By: Grades
#7  by: Okay   

I'm a 4th gen legacy to XO (both my sisters mom and grandma) do i still have a shot at this house even with a 3.0 (also my sisters and mom and grandma went to schools that arnt in Mississippi so idk if that effects anything)

By: Okay
by: HonestlyJul 30, 2014 1:06:51 PM

no one knows. You'll be heavily considered because of your legacy, and Chi O loves to keep their legacies, but a 3.0 is low for Chi O, although the legacy status could get you in even with that GPA. The main factor is how many legacies Chi O will have. Typically there are enough to fill an entire pledge class so at least half have to be cut. It will depend on how you stack up against other legacies, and no one can answer that for you.

By: Honestly
#8  by: Wrong   

I had a 3.0 in high school and I am a Kd at state.

By: Wrong
#9  by: So I have a chance?   

So is having a 3.0 only one factor of many? I have soooo many recs, lots of involvement and volunteering and awards. I'm also very social and outgoing. I could care less if I'm top, I just want sisterhood. Also mind the fact I won't know anyone at the school or in the houses, will this also severely hurt me? Are my chances low of ending up bidless (just from reading what I've said) help!!

By: So I have a chance?
by: MSUAug 4, 2014 9:16:36 AM

Yes, GPA is one factor. Relax though ... a 3.0 is not a bad GPA. You need to focus on enjoying your week and not being uptight. Maximize your options after each round (your Gamma Chi will explain this). Very few girls with a 3.0 GPA do not receive a bid from some house and typically if they don't it's because of a bad reputation not the GPA. Like I said, focus on having fun and enjoying yourself. Every house at MSU has a great sisterhood with a lot to offer New Members!

By: MSU

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.