facebook

Should I Rush Frat my Sophomore Year?

by: Nathaniel

I didn’t formal rush in the fall my freshman year, and I was convinced by my family members not to rush a frat as a first semester freshman due to my family members informing me about the hazing problems the frats had (despite the fact I am the only one in my family that actually ever took classes at MU), when I have come to learn that these frats are not like that. So I tried to rush this semester in the spring and I learned that they only take like 15 new people into a frat whereas in the fall it recruits more than 50. So I am curious, should I rush a frat my sophomore year? More importantly if I become a pledge my sophomore year, can I live in the frat house at Mizzou?

Posted By: Nathaniel
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: No   

You can still rush a frat as a sophomore. Every PC usually has 1-3 sophomores who either didn't rush/transferred to miz/or just wanted to wait. As for living in a house when you're a sophomore pledge. Beta and ARG I think have their pledges live in, but it doesn't matter if you're a sophomore, you're still a pledge.

By: No
#2  by: Do it   

I rushed as a sophomore. Didn’t know anything about Greek life before college so I didn’t rush fall semester as a freshman, tried rushing 2 spring semester with no luck and did formal rush as a sophomore and got a bid from my fraternity. Every chapter will take a sophomore, they just take less because they’re one semester less of a financial commitment than a freshman would be, but you definitely have a chance. If you’ve got buddies in any chapters you’d wanna join get them to talk you up and set you up for a good conversation with the rush chair. But a recommendation won’t mean much if said friend isn’t a respected brother or close friends with the rush chair. And yeah if you get a bid your sophomore year you could live in house assuming there’s an available bed, but in transparency if you live in house as a pledge you’re going to get hazed a lot more than your pc who lives out of house because you’re the nearest and most immediately available. Personally preferred to live with my pc versus the actives in my grade because I was closer with my pc. If you’d rather get your experience living in house over with in the same year you join that’s fine too, I can understand wanting to live in apartment in a more controlled environment as an upperclassman as opposed to the fraternity house

By: Do it
#3  by: Now you know   

You're in college. Never let anyone who doesn't know what they are talking about make decisions for you.

By: Now you know

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.