facebook

cob

by: Hopeful

I didn't have the best experience during recruitment and dropped out before the end, which probably wasn't the best idea. Anyway, I'm really interested in being Greek and I am curious which chapters will be participating in COB. What is the procedure for letting a chapter know you're interested?

Posted By: Hopeful
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: hiya!   

well that's an easy one, lady. Get to know the girls in your dorm, see if you can get them to invite you to a COB event and meet the other girls in the house. If you don't know anyone in a house, there is a physical sign up sheet in the Office of Greek Life. Just remember, the more people you know in the house the better chance for them to vouch for you to get a bid! Sigma Kappa will probably be the only house able to COB at first, go ahead and see what it's like, but if it's not for you - you can wait to see what other houses will be able to COB later on. In years past, Zeta, AXO, Phi Mu, and Sigma have COBed consistently. Other houses that COB on and off are APhi and KD. Then there may be wild card houses as well; both GPhi and ADPi have been known to participate recently.
Keep in mind of what each houses situation looks like, COB may be different this year. Zeta had a really strong pledge class so if they are able to retain their members they may not have to COB. KD took over 115 girls last year even after making quota in fall just because they had room to grow. That means, if all their spots are full they may not COB. I know that AXO only COBs because they typically have a small senior class and therefore able to take in more freshman, so if you join there expect a huge freshman class, they rarely have any girls drop. I think Phi Mu has only COBed in the past for not making quota, sigma was the only house this year that didn't make quota. Expect a lot of bids from there.

By: hiya!
#2  by: COB   

Zeta and AXO are both very unlikely to COB this year. Both of them hit quota, and they picked up a LOT of COBs last year so they're pretty large houses. Same with Alpha Phi - not likely to COB this year.

KD I'm not that sure about.

I'd say look at Sigma Kappa, Phi Mu, Tri Sigma, MAYBE KD. Ask girls you know in these houses if they're COBing. Make sure they know you're interested, so that if the topic of COBing comes up they can put your name forward.

Also, around early to mid October you should email the recruitment chairs for these houses asking if they are having any upcoming COB events, and if you can come.

By: COB
#3  by: Sigma Kappa   

Colonized with over 200 girls, so there's no guarantee that they'll be COB-ing either.

By: Sigma Kappa
#4  by: Genius   

They'll be COBing - Colonizing that amount isn't anything new. It's keeping the members. Just ask other newer chapters. Plus they're not at total. Sigma Kappa, I would highly suggest you stay away from these websites before you hurt yourselves and quickly look desperate for positive feedback.

By: Genius
#5  by: Genius   

Mark my words, multiple houses will be COBing throughout the year.

Houses that WILL be COBing at some point this year, for various reasons, mainly because Total is a large number and alot of houses lost large senior classes, while their current senior classes are not as large, but also COB because it's a fact new girls drop, a few houses did not reaching quota (no it wasn't just one), girls transfer, go back home, can't afford it, or don't think a particular house is right for them:

Obiviously SK will continue to COB, but also - AXO, Sigma, PhiMu, and Zeta (yes, Zeta had a really great pledge class, but their other classes are smaller and I'm pretty certain they're under total). Also, normally I would say KD but they must have COB'd anyone who wanted to be greek last year taking over 115 girls or some crazy number. So maybe not this year.

If you want to participate in homecoming and fall festivities, contact members of the established houses that are potentially COBing. If you don't mind waiting until the spring for Greek Week or maybe next fall for 2013 Homecoming, contact Sigma Kappa. But most importantly see and meet the girls to make a connection. After all, they will become your sisters, your families away from home, your best friends, and your other halves for the next 4 years.

By: Genius

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.